XP/IP Change FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DanielFolston

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2011

i want to highlight some parts :

1) you will get slightly less IP and XP. oh This one give me the Lulz... Slightly? 30-20 ip is not Slightly

2)Boosts have been changed so that they always grant a bonus which is equal to the maximum capped amount of XP or IP that can be earned with this new system.

Oh Rly? So you need us to buy ip boost so we get full ip... isn't that selling power BROS?

3)Players start out earning a slightly more IP to help them get some initial Champions and runes early in the game so they would be able to unlock some Champions they could learn then play consistently.

This one is SO FAIR TO OLD PLAYERS... SO SO SO FAIR... FAIR bro.. FAIR

4)A: First - the old system was inflexible - it wasn't great with new maps (like Twisted Treeline) and new modes (like Co-Op vs. AI). With Twisted Treeline we did an inelegant solution (basically 30% less IP/XP) which actually discouraged play on the map. For the future new maps and modes we wanted something better. This is a combo killer... NOT ONE PLAYER IN LEAGUE OF LEGENDS WANTED THE CO-OP VS AI... REALLY WASTE OF SPACE... 300mb patch for a thing that is useless and doesn't work yet... really GOOD RIOT.. You're improving and not making us want to go to hon or dota 2

And you think that we will settle for a stupid ip boots? im complaining till this gets reversed

Adormas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
Well thanks for graphs

It seems like my average IP over 100 games is going to be the same but it feels weird to get less IP for quick wins.
An excellent point.
You're(Riot) giving the benifit of the doubt(...loss?) to the losing team. They lost, sucks for them... But if I'm on the winning team, and we get a quick victory, shouldn't my team's excellent play be awarded?

Aes

02-17-2011

so u break even at 38min mark when riot said you guys wanted the game last 30min

what gives/.

Alpengeist

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielFolston View Post
i want to highlight some parts :

1) you will get slightly less IP and XP. oh This one give me the Lulz... Slightly? 30-20 ip is not Slightly

2)Boosts have been changed so that they always grant a bonus which is equal to the maximum capped amount of XP or IP that can be earned with this new system.

Oh Rly? So you need us to buy ip boost so we get full ip... isn't that selling power BROS?

3)Players start out earning a slightly more IP to help them get some initial Champions and runes early in the game so they would be able to unlock some Champions they could learn then play consistently.

This one is SO FAIR TO OLD PLAYERS... SO SO SO FAIR... FAIR bro.. FAIR

4)A: First - the old system was inflexible - it wasn't great with new maps (like Twisted Treeline) and new modes (like Co-Op vs. AI). With Twisted Treeline we did an inelegant solution (basically 30% less IP/XP) which actually discouraged play on the map. For the future new maps and modes we wanted something better. This is a combo killer... NOT ONE PLAYER IN LEAGUE OF LEGENDS WANTED THE CO-OP VS AI... REALLY WASTE OF SPACE... 300mb patch for a thing that is useless and doesn't work yet... really GOOD RIOT.. You're improving and not making us want to go to hon or dota 2

And you think that we will settle for a stupid ip boots? im complaining till this gets reversed

You're wrong on pretty much every one of your points. The raging isn't helping.

On topic: thanks for clearing this up guys, I was really getting tired of the QQ.

IMSOJUICY

02-17-2011

i don't see any noticeable difference between winning and losing for IP rewards. it's basically a grind fest now, it's how many minutes u play.

cbr1000rider3

02-17-2011

awesome post.. but seems sort of counter-intuitive based on how Zileas said he wants games to end sooner.

Devan Aelus

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Q: We just destroyed an enemy team in 20 minutes, and got very little IP. What gives?

A: Because the system now awards on a per-minute basis, short games will give you less IP.
A to A: That sucks for players that do an excellent effort

Gunkuu

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by My bear Tibbers View Post
You're wrong on pretty much every one of your points. The raging isn't helping.

On topic: thanks for clearing this up guys, I was really getting tired of the QQ.
Whilst I don't like his writing style, it's quite a bit less IP for fast games, unsatisfying. It isn't selling power, but this does directly influence even more the want for boosts, and also the 300 mb patch full of bad coding (hint it wasn't a map or anything signifigant) was awful. He is more or less right, but he does it in quite a displeasing manner. Also the reason why people don't play on TT much is because TT is grossly imbalanced. The IP wasn't helping sure, but I doubt this will really increase the want to play on it.

:y

Venom

Recruiter

02-17-2011

I don't know why the crossover is at 38 min mark if the avarage time of a game is 35 - 36.

edtehgar

02-17-2011

according to lol base my average game time is 38 minutes.

This is an ip nerf to me. **** you guys.