[Guide] Anti Feed, Staying alive and pushing power

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soulcounter

01-27-2010

Some may say LoL is all about killing and nothing else... Well here is the problem with that. If you only focus on killing then you are neglecting the fact that this game is like no other(well besides dota of course) in soo many ways. For example this game isn't about who has the most kills or who can win 1v1. This game is about what group can target and eliminate the other team in a 5v5 situation and successfully take the opposing teams towers, inhibs, and of course that big gem looking of a nexus.

Ok, enough with that description of the game. So in general a team composition plays a key role in a win or a loss. For instance, if a team had a Veigar, Annie, Ryze, Fiddles and Soraka could they defeat a team with the very standard: Alistar, Rammus, Master Yi, Tristana, and Veigar. The answer to the question is almost self explanatory. The first team has too many casters and no dps or tanking characters therefore in team fights they would have a much harder time staying alive to use all of their abilities. From what I have seen in the last 300+ games is that the team that is more balanced almost always sits on easier ground then the team running a low hp, non tanking team.

Lane control is also another very important part to this game. The team that has better lane control will always win the tower push. When laning make sure to always think of how to divide your ranged and melee characters. Usually you want a ranged with a melee character in order to return the opposing teams harassment. The solo lane control is the most important lane in the game. If your team has a solo mid that can destroy the opposing teams solo then two things can occur. 1.) Your solo mid will be fed and 2.) Your solo mid will take their tower and then be open to more gank opportunities whether it be bottom or top.

Calling freaking MI freaking A's is also very important. If your solo mid isn't a very observant player then he will need the teams help on not being ganked. From what I've seen in the past you always should call missing if the characters in your lane haven't been seen in the last 5-7 seconds. This will help to stop early game feeding which will allow your team to have multiple benefits. If the team has unsuccessful ganks then they are only losing exp from leaving their lanes which makes team fights more to your advantage.

Lastly, one of the most under estimated things in this game is jungle control. If the enemy team has any of the following: Warwick, Udyr, Shaco, Amumu(not often)or Master Yi then just think about it. Their gonna either farm from the beggining of the game or mid game in order to get the needed money. Why not setup some wards in their jungle so you can a.) steal their golem and then kill them or b.) rape them and then hear them complain about how you knew they were there. If you can dominate them in their jungle then you have no worries that they will even touch your jungle which will give your team dragon, golem, lizard. This will give you money on top of the money you can farm from last hitting creep in your lanes.

Hope this guide helps! Will be editing and perfecting as the time goes on. Oh and may your community grow!

Gigg

01-27-2010

I liked it! Everything there is soo true!

Soulcounter

01-27-2010

Ya basically those were things i have noticed going wrong in solo que. I hope others read this so that I can play with more competent teammates xD. Hopefully this helps anwsers some questions to those new to the game and others that have wondered what the other team was doing to beat them.

Soulcounter

01-27-2010

bump FTW ^ ^

Sheever

01-27-2010

Well, these are the basic things that any DotA or even HoN player will know. Even in pubs people team pick not their favorite hero, but someone who acctualy has lane control. (But it's a little diffrent than in LOL) you will rarely see 2 meeles in lane, and almost every pub game someone wards forest. Sadly, how many pubs you had when someone wards jungle or river, and not just end game ? seriously, thats a free kill right there.

PYneer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

dude, those are actually some really useful tips, i never even thought about putting up ward in the jungle.