Tips for Nidalee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

littleevil

01-27-2010

i would recommend u try popy instead of nidalea - becouse nid has actualy 6 abilities to use and she is failry complex to play - while poppy is just poppy - its buldozer with a hammer

KhaoticImp

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juri View Post
I only build her atk dmg, so your tips are worth while. I think part of it is because I'm always focused when I'm in the middle of things. I guess I'll start going for the squishies when everyone else is fighting eachother in the middle of things. I usually place traps in mid brushes and down the river but I'll start placing more for an escape route.

I feel like a pansy when there's a fight going on, but I have to pounce away because I'm getting focused. I feel like I have to stay in with low health and atk someone or else I'll get *****ed at... which could be part of the problem. I die a couple of times trying to save someone or fighting with low health because I don't want someone to QQ about me running.
Let them QQ honestly. I have only had 1 person get on my case and he went 7/17/-- because he ran in 3v5. If you have to retreat change back to caster form throw a heal on yourself. If thats enough go back in and if its not run to max range and chuck a spear at a busy enemy and watch him turn tail and run. Just because you have to back out of battle doesnt mean you cant still help.

Rhatha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2010

Nid is one of my favorite characters as well.

There have been some good tips so far. Unless you really, really get ahead of the other team, you can't jump into a 5 man team fight too soon. When people are hovering back and forth, waiting for someone to initiate, you can try to chuck javelins, but don't move too far forward. The biggest thing you can do in the beginning of a team fight is land a good Bushwhack to lower the enemy team's armor/mr on as many people as possible, and to use primal surge on whoever needs the attack speed (don't save it to heal, it comes back relatively quickly, and a Twitch, Yi, whoever will do tons more damage with it). Your autoattack doesn't really change damage between forms, so there's no rush to jump in. It depends on who you're facing, too.. on a team with a lot of AE effects, or a lot of stuns, you need to be a bit more careful. Really, think about how you position yourself on Janna and aim for something similar, or maybe a tiny bit closer.

Once the major spells are out of the way, you should be able to judge if it's ok to go in or if your team is going to hoof it. People will probably be bunched up now, just starting to scatter.. this is when you want to go cougar and jump in. Punce and Swipe do a lot of burst, and takedown if someone's below half hp should leave them dead or close to it. You can try to catch runners with a javelin if they're faster than you or get too much of a lead, but the cooldown on pounce is short enough that it's often the best option. When you're chasing someone, be aware that you stop for a split second to Swipe, so just keep running and pouncing if you're not right next to them.. the pounce daamge will add up even if you're not getting much melee off.

Some things will change a bit depending on your items.. a physical damage build will probably be a bit closer in to start to autoattack, while an AP build might hover off to the side or try to hide behind some terrain to get a clean, long-range javelin off.

Outside of the 5 man team fights, you'll learn pretty quickly who you can chase and gobble down and who will laugh and backhand you in the face when you jump at them. just don't forget to switch forms as needed to make use of all your abilities, as has been mentioned previously. And, as I alluded to in the beginning, don't hesitate to lay traps in the open, either a smidge behind someone, or even at your feet if they're attacking you and you think you can live for a second until they go off.

I'm rambling now, and sleepy, you're welcome to whisper me in game sometime if you want to talk. (Fair warning, I'm decent, but not amazing, so take it with a grain of salt.)

Frappuccìno

01-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhatha View Post
Nid is one of my favorite characters as well.

There have been some good tips so far. Unless you really, really get ahead of the other team, you can't jump into a 5 man team fight too soon. When people are hovering back and forth, waiting for someone to initiate, you can try to chuck javelins, but don't move too far forward. The biggest thing you can do in the beginning of a team fight is land a good Bushwhack to lower the enemy team's armor/mr on as many people as possible, and to use primal surge on whoever needs the attack speed (don't save it to heal, it comes back relatively quickly, and a Twitch, Yi, whoever will do tons more damage with it). Your autoattack doesn't really change damage between forms, so there's no rush to jump in. It depends on who you're facing, too.. on a team with a lot of AE effects, or a lot of stuns, you need to be a bit more careful. Really, think about how you position yourself on Janna and aim for something similar, or maybe a tiny bit closer.

Once the major spells are out of the way, you should be able to judge if it's ok to go in or if your team is going to hoof it. People will probably be bunched up now, just starting to scatter.. this is when you want to go cougar and jump in. Punce and Swipe do a lot of burst, and takedown if someone's below half hp should leave them dead or close to it. You can try to catch runners with a javelin if they're faster than you or get too much of a lead, but the cooldown on pounce is short enough that it's often the best option. When you're chasing someone, be aware that you stop for a split second to Swipe, so just keep running and pouncing if you're not right next to them.. the pounce daamge will add up even if you're not getting much melee off.

Some things will change a bit depending on your items.. a physical damage build will probably be a bit closer in to start to autoattack, while an AP build might hover off to the side or try to hide behind some terrain to get a clean, long-range javelin off.

Outside of the 5 man team fights, you'll learn pretty quickly who you can chase and gobble down and who will laugh and backhand you in the face when you jump at them. just don't forget to switch forms as needed to make use of all your abilities, as has been mentioned previously. And, as I alluded to in the beginning, don't hesitate to lay traps in the open, either a smidge behind someone, or even at your feet if they're attacking you and you think you can live for a second until they go off.

I'm rambling now, and sleepy, you're welcome to whisper me in game sometime if you want to talk. (Fair warning, I'm decent, but not amazing, so take it with a grain of salt.)
Thanks for your tips.

I played her all of last night, except for one game. I got *****ed at for staying back and playing it safe.

"NID DO SOMETHING, GO CAT WTF" and I was like "I'm not going cat in the middle of them"

"WELL YOU ARENT DOING ANYTHING" when I'm tossing Javelins and autoattacking. They had a couple of tanks and it was definitely a death wish for me to jump in there. I got 3 kills and my team was like "/all HAVE YOU GUYS EVEN SEEN NID?"

It's like, wtf. I'm not Udyr, I don't have some kind of defense that allows me to jump in the middle of everybody and pwnface. I did however catch Ashe trying to run away with low health and got her. :3

I don't care much, I mainly die trying to save people or trying to fight so people don't ***** at me.

Melonyan

01-28-2010

-Don't always try to hit your spears from max range. Unless you're aiming at a group or runner you'll probably miss. When you're laning, go for shorter spear shots or spear shots from outside the enemies line of sight(from the bushes) otherwise they'll dodge them almost every time (unless they're bad).

-Use traps/spears to scout ahead of you when you think the enemy might be hiding in bushes

-Nidalees traps can reveal stealth and this includes teemos mushrooms. Drop a trap anywhere you see teemo place a mushroom or suspect he dropped a mushroom. You get 25 gold for every mushroom you kill. Similairly litter the map with traps if playing against a stealth character. I've gotten tons of kills because a stealth character stepped on one of my traps and me and/or my teammates killed him during the 12 second reveal.

As far as group fights, you want to stay in human form until the initiation is over. This means most of the nasty ultimates/disables should already be used. Also don't be afraid to run, you're not a tank and if they switch focus to you it ussually is best to turn tail and pounce away, often switching back to human form to drop a heal on yourself then re-engaging.

I could go in depth but I don't want to be repeating what other people said too much.