Champion Sale: 50% Off Twitch, Pantheon, Shaco

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lonesnipa

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Political Squid View Post
I really, really don't understand the point of an IP sale ... you want a reduction in a free point system? You start sounding really stupid if you put it in the perspective of, say, every other game where you unlock stuff, either through leveling (like CoD) or achievements (like I can't think of any other than old TF2, but I'm sure there are more). People would stare at you funny if you demanded the AK74u at half the level you used to get it, or for a company to nerf an achievement by half to unlock something. Riot doesn't even lock you into a specific hero, you actually get a choice in the matter of what hero you want. It's a different reward system, get to grinding. It's an item store, Riot is offering a sale to people willing to put down cold hard cash to support their company. Sounds good to me.

Well you see, the reason why people want a sale on the stuff thats free is because it isn't actually free. In case you missed it, there are several dozen heroes who cost upwards for 3000 points. Even assuming you win each game and get 200 points for each you still need to win 16 just to get one of the 3150 ones. Thats 31 wins at 200 points just to get a 6150. Thats assuming you are getting 200, you are more likely to only actually get 100-150, unless you lose, then its 50-80 or so. Its really not unreasonable to want an IP sale on heroes. I don't like buying them with riot points, because I can buy heroes with IP, and would rather use that money on skins.

b0dhisattva

02-20-2011

Yes, I'm paying half the price for what others have got for free! no thank you riot, i will keep hogging the servers for free since you dont diserve a dime, thanks

Yobber

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draeth Darkstar View Post
God we should really have our Marketting and Community Management departments coding more instead of doing jobs they're hired and understand how to do.

This kind of whining is absolutely insufferable. People beg for Champion sales all the time, so when they're having a rough spell, what do they do but deliver, only to get crucified for it.

Please shut up. Thank you.
Looks like you're suffering from it just fine.

Cobaph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

You guys should put OP champs on sale.

That way, instead of complaining about UP champs everywhere, people will complain about how everyone buys OP champs and floods games / instant-lock with them!

Soul Cloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

You guys should give me twitch on discount, because i hear him call for me.
plez0rs?