Is Kiting a legit tactic?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tiberiuskirk

01-27-2010

Is kiting legitimate?

well, I have to ask you, is a melee character running up to a player so he can attack them legitimate?

Krosan

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeorwned View Post
If people complain, that means you are doing something well. Keep it up.
Absolutely. I don't feel like I've done my job properly unless people are shouting "********* Alistair! **** you! ****** die!" over all chat after the eighth or ninth time I stun them out of ganking one of my teammates, or "Go to hell, Zilean!" or any of a number of other things.

Even "You guys suck at fighting, but you're pretty good at knocking towers down with Sivir's ult" was pretty nice. (I was Sivir, my team sucked at fighting and any kind of major teamfight ended badly for us, but we spread out and I just started knocking towers down while the gank squad was elsewhere, and we wound up winning)

Prinnybomb

01-27-2010

Yea it is legit. Granted ranged have so many god forsaken advantages in this game it makes me want to throw up. I personally hate ranged characters, they have it so much easier than the rest i don't give a **** what anyone says, they do.

Gigg

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numantia View Post
... Hello to my /b/rother
Don't you remember rule #1 and #2?

KirbyHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosan View Post
As far as I'm concerned, as annoying as things like kiting can be, they're legitimate. I have the same opinion of this scrub mentality as I do of the tournament scene for Super Smash Bros: play the game you're given. In Smash, the tournament rules completely destroy the viability of some characters and make others far more powerful; it's one of the most deeply entrenched and pervasive scrub mentalities I've ever seen.

5-man promote was illegitimate, evidenced by the fact that they removed promote from the game temporarily to kill it. If something is supposed to work a certain way, it will continue to work that way, and if not it will eventually be removed. But kiting is such a basic, essential part of the game for ranged heroes of any sort that removing it would destroy the existing state of balance.

Besides, it's fun to do. I once toasted a Jax who was chasing my Singed; the dumbass choked on gas from their base almost all the way to where our top turret had been, then turned to flee because the gas had taken most of his health. Goo-toss-laugh.

The Super Smash Bros. tournament community isn't scrubby at all. Standard rules INCREASE the viability characters in general.

Banning items reduces a random element in the game, making tournament able to decide more consistently who has played more skillfully. Stage bans target similar random elements that make it more difficult to accurately decide a winner, and removes some stages that can be so powerfully exploited by specific characters that those characters would be the only one you ever play after blind pick.

The recent planking ban is arguably scrubby, but it increases overall character viability rather than decreases it so I have to wonder if you are even talking about the same game as I am.