Is Kiting a legit tactic?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fighthesky

01-27-2010

1. You are harassed by ______
2. Call in your Shaco/Eve/Twitch/Nuker Assassin Champion.
3. ????????
4. Profit.

Mactacular

01-27-2010

I think thats a bad idea some characters like Eve survive by hit and run attacks because their not strong enough to fight head on. Making a penelty for doing so would make some characters under powered and if you really have a problem with it play a character with a stun or a slow or use your stratagy to gank him or cut him off.

Hanktronic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-27-2010

Is 'kiting' legit... What.

I have a new idea to make this game fair for everyone.

There are no bases anymore, no towers, no creeps.

At the start of a fight all 5 heroes of each team spawn on top of each other and cannot move. The team with the last man standing wins.

No wait!!! Better idea!! How about at the start of each game each player randomly generates a number from 1 to 10 and the team with the highest total wins.

I don't think I can even get more sarcastic. Lemme try.

Hey guys... Isn't good timing and use of creeps and pushing q w e and r totally stupid and unfair? I think we should totally make this game like FFXII where you just pre-program how you play with a gambit system so it's fair.

I think i managed somehow.

Edit: I Re-read that and I wanna say that I don't mean to belittle anyone but seriously... It isn't like only other players can kite, right? Try to copy people that beat you so you learn what they did. Then someone will beat you again and boom, you know a counter to the first thing, ad infinitum.

Also... Ashe's whole early to mid game play is as a kiting. Frost arrow, run, frost arrow, run, frost arrow run.

Ląmb

01-27-2010

Harassment is part of them game.

Halbrium

01-27-2010

this thread needs to be taken out back behind the shed and given the old yeller treatment.

Krosan

01-27-2010

As far as I'm concerned, as annoying as things like kiting can be, they're legitimate. I have the same opinion of this scrub mentality as I do of the tournament scene for Super Smash Bros: play the game you're given. In Smash, the tournament rules completely destroy the viability of some characters and make others far more powerful; it's one of the most deeply entrenched and pervasive scrub mentalities I've ever seen.

5-man promote was illegitimate, evidenced by the fact that they removed promote from the game temporarily to kill it. If something is supposed to work a certain way, it will continue to work that way, and if not it will eventually be removed. But kiting is such a basic, essential part of the game for ranged heroes of any sort that removing it would destroy the existing state of balance.

Besides, it's fun to do. I once toasted a Jax who was chasing my Singed; the dumbass choked on gas from their base almost all the way to where our top turret had been, then turned to flee because the gas had taken most of his health. Goo-toss-laugh.

Numantia

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighthesky View Post
1. You are harassed by ______
2. Call in your Shaco/Eve/Twitch/Nuker Assassin Champion.
3. ????????
4. Profit.

... Hello to my /b/rother

ichi the killer

01-27-2010

Exploit your strenghts and minize your weaknesses.

If you play a ranged/caster champ, chances are that you are squishy but you have a better range than melee/tank champs.

Unless you wanna die, you should kite em. Totally legit strat

Ramayana

01-27-2010

This **** is really getting ridiculous.

People complaining about 5 man gank squads, saying its cheap.
People complaining about backdooring towers, saying its cheap.
People complaining about kiting, saying its cheap.
There is probably more, those are the the most prevalent and obnoxious.
If it is not exploiting a bug, IT IS LEGIT, GET OVER IT.

Go ****ing play Hello Kitty MMO or something.

Yeorwned

01-27-2010

If people complain, that means you are doing something well. Keep it up.