The Wrenchmen's Toolbox - Common Fixes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jumbaFund

12-11-2011

i have a really common problem in this game. i try opening up league of legends but it says "could not load direct3d". i got some research and it says that i have standard vga. im suppose to get a newer driver, but i dont know how. I really appreciate if someone help me. thx!

Marla Anne

12-14-2011

Lately i have been having alot of issues with LoL after the Ahri patch.
I was completely fine before the patch was released.
I managed to find solutions to all problems BUT one.
When the game starts after the loading screen, the only thing i can see, is a GIANT mini map which takes up a good 90% of my playing screen.
I have seen other people with this same problem on the threads. I tried sending in my logs hoping to get a reply, but nothing. I'd just like to play the game...

Here is a screen grab of what I'm talking about...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/devil_child41/Pain_In_The_ASS.jpg

I can click on stuff but that wont do me any good...

Augmenten

12-16-2011

Thanks, I had problems due to system restore, and it fixed it right up!

Orangeeeee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-18-2011

I got a problem
My friend is new to LOL
He can login as well as join game but in the mid game his screen will hold
nothing will move and alt+clt+del gives him still in that screen and he has to reboot
wt may he do to fix the problem? ty

iPrawn

12-23-2011

My problem isnt here. "Server status: Undefined"
Why is that? MANY people have that problem and riot is almost ignoring that issue.

Xytrigius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeeeee View Post
I got a problem
My friend is new to LOL
He can login as well as join game but in the mid game his screen will hold
nothing will move and alt+clt+del gives him still in that screen and he has to reboot
wt may he do to fix the problem? ty
It may be his computer unable to finish running the program, or his computer only meets some of the requirements, if alt+ctrl+del doesn't work, than it's definetly a bug in his system or something to do with his computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbaFund View Post
i have a really common problem in this game. i try opening up league of legends but it says "could not load direct3d". i got some research and it says that i have standard vga. im suppose to get a newer driver, but i dont know how. I really appreciate if someone help me. thx!
Sounds like direct3d is a program that runs things in 3D, try turning it off and going back to the standard 2D view. If your driver has malfunctioned or isn't properly working than you should update it to a better driver. Make sure that your driver meets the minimum requirements to run the LoL client.

Edit: Read this on another forum by Poopcoon, use this link.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8109

Rizeshirohi

01-13-2012

Excuse me , but what exactly does it mean by has to be installed in subdirectory

Leocano

CounterNutPunch

01-18-2012

I didn't see my problem listed in all of the first post so I'm going to ask.

I get the launcher to show up but after i hit play nothing else comes up I get no log in screen or anything but if I try to reopen the game I have to close my last running League game and I can't figure this out.

I've tried reinstalling the game and even that didn't work.

Aionc

01-18-2012

The game is downloading at a slow speed (5-25kbps)
Enable Peer to Peer Sharing and run the installer as administrator by right clicking on the download application and "run as administrator"