The Wrenchmen's Toolbox - Common Fixes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kamtae

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
“The Launcher has experienced an error”
1. Restart the Launcher like it says, geez
2. Make sure you are current on your Windows Updates
3. Make sure you have Dot Net Framework 3.5
4. If you are running Windows Vista/Windows 7 make sure the install path is NOT in Program Files
5. Reinstall League of Legends

mate i've tried this it aint working can you help me out please first patch ive had trouble with and ive tried like everything, check http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...520#post852520 for my logs and more details cheers

GIBson3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-19-2010

Quote:
In Game Graphics Issues

Players Jump Around / Go fast
1. Should be resolved, if not you have an AMD and can set the affinity of the game to use 1 cpu
2. Right click on the league of legends process (not the launcher) in the task manager while the game is running and click set affinity and select only one cpu. You'll need to do that every time
As far as Number 1 goes it could be one of two potential issues (assuming you are running Windows XP/2003)

• LoL is using RDTSC for it's animation/Game Timing instead of QPC/QPF. If this is the case, and you have an AMD Athlon x2 processor running Windows XP a possible solution would be to get AMD's duel core Optimizer [HERE].
  • The other potential cause of this is if LoL is actually using QPC/QPF and the user has an Old Athlon driver installed in Windows XP, To update the driver visit [HERE].
My understanding is that Vista/Windows 7 should have fixes in place "OOB" however since I have neither currently available on Hardware capable of running LoL I can't confirm this.

Wordcount

03-22-2010

Downloaded the game using Bootcamp on a Mac (Windows 7 Partition)

Right when i was about to get into a match.. I get an error saying my graphics card does not support a certain item. AND/OR another error that says unable to connect ( Make sure your firewall is not blocking this)

My firewall wasnt blocking LoL. And I am 100% sure i have the correct graphics card since well... the Comp is brand (spanking) new ;] and i was playing the game earlier in the week using VMware on my mac partition.

Maybe I downloaded the game into my downloads subdirectory? and thats why it doesnt work?

Anyways. Halp me pl0x.

Nazahr

03-24-2010

Quote:
Wrenchmen’s Toolbox
Launcher Closes Without Warning
1. Delete related script files and temp files with these instructions.
the link doesn't work. It says "This article does not exist or is not published."
Thought you might want to know that

Jotunn

03-24-2010

Having to enter the Konami code and getting the white screen and unusable store is related to a problem with your Internet Explorer. I use Firefox to browse, and a few days ago, once I could -only- login with the Konami code, I found this guide and went to reset all of IE's settings.

IE won't connect to any web pages.

All you guys having to log in with the code, does your IE work?

Masterjeff

04-26-2010

Ok i'm having some problems updating and i keep getting the error message:

ASSERT:Pointer is NULL...
(socket.c/307)

I don't know what this means or what to do about it so can anyone help me?

WelcomeToTarget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

Every few games or so my hero will just freeze up and not move at all. Game is still going on around me and I can still type in game but my hero will stand still and not respond to my commands. This has been happening only recently after the most recent update. Latest drivers and such are up. No other games are having problems and I just replaced my fan in my laptop so I know it's not over heating. Only run mumble in the background and my browser isn't open. This will only happen every few patches any suggestions?

Oh also even when I close out mumble and literally everything on the desktop this doesn't fix the problem... Recently had a game where I got dc'd and my hero (Garen) his colors were all off and very dark looking. Like the hero had only half loaded..

Kamapl

05-12-2010

Hello i got unusual problem that is nowhere here ow to solve it i dont know how to describe it so i am putting a print screen of it. Tahts the link http://www.speedyshare.com/files/22395565/problemy.jpg. I can see only this cant log in click play nothing and have no idead what to do. I even reinstalled it as u said on help i downloded a new one and it still not work PLS HELP.

lolsadin

06-02-2010

Quote:
Wrenchmen’s Toolbox

The Launcher stops downloading
1. Let the Launcher run for up to 15 minutes
2. Restart the Launcher
3. Power Cycle (restart) your modem and/or router
4. Make sure that lol.launcher.exe is listed as an exception in your firewall
5. Temporarily disable firewall and anti-virus software.
6. Click on the "Options" button in the lower left corner, then hit "save"
7. Visit the Launcher Troubleshooting Page in the KB
8. Reinstall your League of Legends
Well that didn't work for me....

Spider BOB

06-03-2010

Quote:
Wrenchmen’s Toolbox
Invalid Username / Password
1. Try again
2. Try again, again
3. Did you make an account? Link for US only.
4. Recover your PW/Username
5. Make sure you're on the correct Client (US vs EU)
6. Servers may be down, try again later, (or Try again, again, again, but later)
I keep getting this errorr, however I can sign on a diferent computer with no problems, on the same network. I tried reinstalling / downloading with no luck. This problem started right after the last patch.