Unusually high ping, please help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhiteEpic

02-18-2014

So I have recently installed LOL on my laptop but when I get in game my ping jumps up to 1000 in the loading screen and 500-700 during the game. Not only is he ping high but it constantly disconnects and attempts to reconnect while my internet tabs are fine. I ran a speediest and it shows my ping is 15, download is around15mbps upload at like 7mbps.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled LOL twice and same issue. Could it be because of my router for some reason ? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Dark0verlord

02-18-2014

It's not you.
It's Riot.

WhiteEpic

02-18-2014

Are you sure? I play it on other computers (not at my house) and it seems to work :S

Dark0verlord

02-18-2014

Well, as of right now my ping is insane with LoL.

But when's the last time you played on your desktop? This lag is pretty recent. My ping is usually 80-90. UNTIL I get in game.

WhiteEpic

02-18-2014

Ping on desktop I believe is 20 (not on it now). Point though, is that it's low enough that I NEVER pay attention to it. it's just super frustrating lol

gazehead

02-18-2014

Astounding how many players have failed to do *30* seconds of research before creating these threads. Riot's been on the receiving end of DDoS attacks quite frequently this past week.

WhiteEpic

02-19-2014

I feel like I have looked into it quite a bit. The problem seems to be only there when I play at my home on my laptop. Whenever I play @ a friends or anywhere else it's fine