Looking for some Anivia advice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trux 42

01-26-2010

First of all, a good Sivir rapes me like no other and I've been laned against two recently, once she was with amumu, another she was with TF. Prime range for Flash Frost sets her up for an easy double back on her Boomerang. Once she hits 6 for her ult, even a flash frost stun can't save me if I'm not hugging a tower and she proceeds to make quick work of my egg. Then the good Sivirs know how to use spell shield against me effectively and baiting it is hard due to Boomerang. The best success I've had was using line of sight, FF>ult>FB with a partner or two toaid in the gank. Related to Sivir is banshees veil as a counter. If possible I try to use FB to take the banshees then follow with the stun.

Secondly, those games where you have a bad early game - they happen to all of us. How am I supposed to deal with tanks pushing a level or two and item advantage? In some of my more recent games, I've unloaded and double hit with FF and FB while keeping them in my ult. I watch to my dismay as they've merely lost a third of their life, with no other choice but to try and kite. Even with the slows and stun I have trouble with this due to her innate speed and merc treads on my opposition. Once they catch me, death is imminent, as these champs are generally singed, poppy, alistar and co. Should I be gearing toward magic penetration etc, AP, or tank items when tanks on the opposing team are the problem in a given game?

x mentat x

01-26-2010

I don't have much exp laning against Sivir, save for one time up at top where she made life frustrating.

As for the tank issue, or bad early games, I go more on the utility side and aim for shorter cd / tanking. A game I played tonight against an Ali all I could manage was slowing him down. Perhaps deathfire grasp would whittle him down a bit... but meh. I don't know if there is anything you really COULD do in a situation where your burst is non-existent. In those cases I try to play Anivia's utility and hope my team is competent enough to take advantage of a slowed, stunned, trapped enemy.

Nemesis21

01-27-2010

Trux 42 i understand your frustration. It took me a long time to final perfect my strategy against sivir. If your soloing mid against her then here is what you do. First off, its a race to level 6. She will most likely get her shield spell to stop your stuns so don't even bother harassing her after level 3 or so. You only have two routes. Route one, you use your FF to take out the first wave of creeps and beat her to lvl 2, then proceed to kill her before the second wave appears aka getting first blood. If that isn't an option then take route two. Out farm her in the solo lane beating her to level 6 and in the process out golding her. Then quickly bp back to base grab either your catalyst or your tear of the goddess then port in right on top of her in the next creep wave. If you quick enough about it then she shouldn't be lvl 6 yet and you can proceed to lay a whole mass of hurt on her really quickly. When you teleport in, cast your glacial storm and immediately throw a FB at her, she will be thinking that the FF will be coming to she will shield first, which FF will kill. Then quickly stun her with FF while she is still inside the storm, then right before she gets out of stun, wall her in and FB again. She should be dead. If not, then you have fail and need to just continually out farm her. And try to keep her away from waves that way she doesn't get exp. If you are in a duel lane against her, then its a matter of harassment with your teammate and just keeping them off the minions. The key to beating her is to basically out level her, and to play spontanously against her. FB when she thinks your gonna FF, so she will pop her shield on you, then FF her and FB her again. But never try the same move twice, always keep switching it up or else she will surely shield right when you don't want her to, and kill you.

As for fighing against tanks, grab a void staff. Your spells are pure single target except for your ult. Void staff gives you the 40% ignorance on their MR which will greatly improve your damage against tanks. Also put Magic Pen in your Red rune slots. Other then that, just out maneuver them, they are all melee heros, so basically keep your distance and wittle them down through harrassment. They will get irridated and rage on you, which is exactly what your looking for, ragers make mistakes, and anivia is very unforgiveful of others mistakes. Just keep running up and throwing your ult on them, FB and then run away.

I hope this info helps. Anivia ftw

OmniOblivion

01-27-2010

There is a reason why Anivia is a support.

Against Sivir, you will need to rely on Glacial Storm first to follow up with Flash Frost/Frostbite. She will, inevitably absorb your mana, but she will still be vulnerable to Frostbite if she activates it when hit by Glacial Storm. Movement is very limited for Anivia, so get Boots Of Swiftness to fix that.

Against tanks, Abyssal Scepter (reduces Magic Resist) and Deathfire Grasp (30% of current HP) will even the score. Again, movement is a factor against tank. Keep your distance by using Crystallize to control how they approach you.