@Riot: Saving Face

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

windwhispers

02-16-2011

It is possible that you made an honest mistake, accidentally decreasing our IP gains while telling us that you intended to do the opposite. Typos are not uncommon in this game. Maybe someone goofed and put the wrong numbers in. Of course it is more likely that you did this intentionally, and just lied about it while hoping we were dumb enough not to notice. I don't know which of these is true. Either way, you can fix it by confirming (even if it is another lie) that the former is what really happened and that it will be fixed.

Mortox

02-16-2011

Honestly, the decrease in IP was TOO noticeable for this to be the case.

Riot knows that their community is quick to cry out, they would have had to expect this kind of response if it was on purpose.

As much as we all love conspiracy theories, this one is unlikely.

windwhispers

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
The current IP amounts are a bug.
See how easy that was? Well done, sir.

Bolshoi

02-16-2011

ITT: Person believes they deserve something they really don't.

windwhispers

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolshoi View Post
ITT: Person believes they deserve something they really don't.
I am a paying customer who intends to continue paying if I like what I am getting. Just voicing my "valued" opinions. Oh, you thought I was a freeloader like yourself?

B3ER

02-16-2011

Do you think it was a conspiracy? They TestRealm every change, every new code, every patch. They played a range of games, losing and winning at different times, we're satisfied with the IP and shipped the patch. They are saving face, my friends. Unless you're willing to believe that it took them 3 hours to respond to the never ending torrent of QQ threads......

Don't be gullible my friend, the business world will eat you alive. Heroes are found in your hearts, chained up and beaten to a pulp by the demons which you carry.

You may quote me on that.

windwhispers

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ER View Post
Do you think it was a conspiracy? They TestRealm every change, every new code, every patch. They played a range of games, losing and winning at different times, we're satisfied with the IP and shipped the patch. They are saving face, my friends. Unless you're willing to believe that it took them 3 hours to respond to the never ending torrent of QQ threads......

Don't be gullible my friend, the business world will eat you alive. Heroes are found in your hearts, chained up and beaten to a pulp by the demons which you carry.

It's a nice quote. But most people probably won't understand it.

B o A

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

02-16-2011

http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...49#post1352549

read this Phreak's response
and see if u still think this was mistake rofl

EvilShadow777

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by B o A View Post
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...49#post1352549

read this Phreak's response
and see if u still think this was mistake rofl
Yea.... I really have doubts they missed a bug that happens literally every game. Phreak is basically saying "Oh it's working as intended." in that post.

Mortox

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ER View Post

You actually believe that Riot thought that this would fly?

That they could reduce IP gains by almost 50% and that there would be no outcry?

You must be insane, the community has been up-in-arms for far less than this in the past.

Riot, despite all their faults, would never be that naive, But you probably have an MBA and know better than me, right?

Edit: Just to quote Phreak from the EU thread he was posting in
Quote:
The intended result is to lower 20-minute IP while raising 50-minute IP, keeping ~30-40 minute games about the same.

Otherwise, people will surrender farm IP, which is a terrible experience for everyone.
I won a game earlier today that ended at 53 minutes and gained 95 IP. This is less IP than I would previously gain for a win, yet Phreak clearly says in that thread that 50+ minute games should render more IP.