Garena Account Transfer FAQ

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cuje

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2011

This is good news!

My 1ee7 Pony

02-16-2011

I hope we would be able to do this from US to EU aswell, because some of us has played since the BETA came out in US but not EU and are stuck with 180+ latency =/

TokiDevilz

02-16-2011

RIOT ~how can i access garena LOL..they IP blocked me,i am now in Japan..ANY rioter pls?

Caracella

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2011

plz enable us to eu/eu to us.

Ganjii

02-16-2011

Umm if anyone is paying attention, they just posted an updated on the IP fix. They are very aware of their mistake and the problem and are doing everything they can as fast as they can to resolve the issue. Geez, get a grip. One day and people are flipping out.

mec11

02-16-2011

Hope the below helps provide some info (as I play on Garena SG and have transfered).

If you transfer the account to Garena Singapore (for SG and ML players) you will not be able to log into your account in game.

IP costs for Garena Singapore is the same as NA and EU. Garena Philippines has some wacky 9600IP pricing so I hear.

Patches are 1 week late on Garena Singapore due to differences in hardware they say (which means hotfixes will be applied with the initial patch). I am actually fine with this as its a sweet improvement to have the patch happen early morning SG time so by the evening the server is up. That being said the patch downloads are lightning fast for me now. Previously playing on the NA server I would not be able to play patch day due to the down time.

Ping if you are in SG or ML is fantastic, I have on average 16ms. Have also had limited lag (comes and goes quick enough) but could be my connection or at times server load. All in all both have felt 'better' than NA (again playing from Singapore).

The player base is not as big, on evenings it takes 1-5 min to get into a game. But I would say on the whole the quality of player is pretty good (many are DOTA players). I wish they would open up play for AUS, Korea, and Japan to increase the player base but it might be due to licensing.

Finally since it is still (open) beta there is no purchasing using RP/GarenaShells and currently no ranked (which is what I am really waiting for). Hopefully our Season one starts within a month or two (but depends on player base I believe).

Cheers!

Waschbar

02-16-2011

US to EU

**** you Portuguesians/Singaporanians

mec11

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickwright View Post
**** you Portuguesians/Singaporanians
How is that helpful (not to mentioned misspelled)?

Btw I am an American working in Singapore.

TokiDevilz

02-16-2011

will RIOT answer my question actually?although im in the wrong thread look up there

mec11

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokiDevilz View Post
RIOT ~how can i access garena LOL..they IP blocked me,i am now in Japan..ANY rioter pls?
I believe Garena SG does have an IP block yes. You would need to use VPN for the inital load/login I think if you really wanted to. Hopefully they remove the IP block everywhere so players can use what server they prefer (whether it be the community, ping, etc).

If you want a direct answer go to http://lol.garena.com/

1234567 ... 9