"Our intention was to leave the overall XP and IP gained by players unchanged."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Funster

02-16-2011

Quote:
We have completely overhauled the IP and XP system in order to make it more fair. Our intention was to leave the overall XP and IP gained by players unchanged.
Really? Did you guys even test the system and how much IP it gives? How is this even CLOSE to being unchanged? I understand the idea of having the effects are better seen over a longterm observation where it turns out they are even, but this is completely untrue:
I get 91 IP for a win on a 40 minute long game. 40 minutes is a LONG GAME.

If the point where IP gain is even with the old standards is somewhere around 50-60 then there is a huge problem. Those are rare. Very rare.

Before I get 200 IP for two quick 25 minute wins. Now I get 100 at best. I can't stand this. Most games will now end at 20 minutes so I'll be getting ripped off of a good 60 IP every game.

Everything already takes long enough to save up for. This is hands down the worst change I've experienced with LoL. I've never been so discouraged to play the game.

EDIT:
Quote:
We found it frustrating to be stuck in an hour long games, and then get what was effectively 30 minutes of IP reward.
This just came to my attention. So by this quote in the patch notes, 30 is considered what 110ish IP is worth. So why aren't we getting that for 30 minute games now?

Cat Horse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2011

Just because the other team surrenders doesn't mean we should get less xp up to 20 less on TT.

Calchexxis

02-16-2011

Agreed, this is absolutely the furthest from 'unchanged' that I can think of, I get maybe HALF of what I got before, its unreal, I finished a game and got 79 IP. AND THAT WAS A WIN. Admit it riot, you're just gouging us, you want us to buy RP instead of farming IP for your champs. Me and my friends are probably gonna be looking for another game if this stays how it is.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
XP & IP Rate Changes
  • We have completely overhauled the IP and XP system in order to make it more fair. Our intention was to leave the overall XP and IP gained by players unchanged.
  • Previously, IP and XP were awarded for winning or losing a game. Now, they are granted based on how long the game was, and whether you won or lost.
  • In a long game, you will make significantly more XP and IP than before. However, in a very short game, you will make less IP and XP. We found it frustrating to be stuck in an hour long games, and then get what was effectively 30 minutes of IP reward.
  • When calculating the number of minutes the game took, we only award for actual game time. However, we give all games a small fixed bonus reward, which is to give you credit for time in queue and champion selection.

I'm fairly certain that Riot claims to hire "top men", and I would argue that "top men" can handle basic math. Therefore, Riot's marketing department is either devoid of "top men" or are lying through their teeth, because I don't get the math on how the overall IP gained by players is unchanged. Source? 70 IP wins, 30 IP losses v. ~110 win & ~70 losses pre-patch.

Calchexxis

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funster View Post
Everything already takes long enough to save up for. This is hands down the worst change I've experienced with LoL. I've never been so discouraged to play the game.
Right there with you buddy

Mortox

02-16-2011

LoL ****ing sucks now.

Ryze sucks, hate him, I'll just play Karthus or Annie or better yet, Vladimir, if I want a ranged caster.

IP changes are total bull****. Proves that Riot is either lying to us or doesn't test their patches, either one is complete garbage.

KaLYoshiKa

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
XP & IP Rate Changes

Lies
Hey guys, I fixed the post.

Sythion

02-16-2011

Umm... Aren't you supposed to get the same IP regardless of win/loss?

Naturalrice

02-16-2011

No you're not supposed to, though yea everything blows now... This ****ing sucks... everyone is nerfed like **** instead of the weak gimped champs being buffed and now it takes freaking 2 hours to finish every game AND we get **** IP for it~~~ LOL!! I see... so that's why it's called LoL~~