Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A serious Maokai discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vVv Unverclopt

02-16-2011

So, I just had a game against Maokai, he's a fairly decent champ, but he has a really really bad problem. His sapling does not draw turret aggro. So in the first 2 minutes of game my lane mate and I were brought near half health before minions started. Thinking the tower would do something we hugged it, but it didn't. I would kindly ask if Riot could fix this problem by having the saplings "destroyable" by towers.

Black Lister

02-16-2011

That would require the sapplings to have a health bar, which i dont think they do (i could be wrong).

vVv Unverclopt

02-16-2011

They don't, but that's the problem. Since they don't have health bars, towers won't attack them and if you're hugging your tower you just die. He has the range to put them behind the tower as well when minions are up. Idk how to fix it so it works but it definitely needs some looking at.

ThePotatoFamine

02-16-2011

Saplings have no hp pool to speak off, they have a time limit of 4 seconds give or take till they explode after setting off on a chase

goolean

02-16-2011

Agreed. Sapling harassment in early game is barely manageable. Make saplings attackable, if only by towers. Maybe with increasing hp per skill level, so they can be one hit by towers on level 1.
Actually, come to think of it, this just seems to obvious not to have been considered on development. I just can't understand why it wasn't implemented.

vVv Unverclopt

02-16-2011

Especially when the Maokai has clarity then saplings are just getting shot out up the wazoo.