[Suggestion] Audio - Turret Under Attack

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draxy

01-25-2010

Can we please have an audio trigger when a tower is under attack. It would help a lot and cut down people spamming Pings on the map when someone is attempting to backdoor your base.

Have a delay between repeating the audio trigger so it doesn't constantly go off.

Thank you.

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

The only problem I have with this is...
Well, how often are turrets under attack?

If you're not winning, its nearly 100% of the time
If you're in the laning phase, it's useless to hear "Your Turret is under attack" when you have two allies bunking down beneath the tower.

It's a good idea on the surface, I just think I would die from the repetition.

However, you COULD make it an optionally played message (changed in sound option menu, 'course.)

Dr Gankenstein

01-26-2010

I would like some warning about towers being under attack as well.

Maybe some kind of conditional trigger could work. For example, if a tower is under attack, AND there are no allied heroes within 1500 range of it, AND there hasn't been any allied heroes near that tower for 20 seconds, then send out the alert.

This alert could be toggled in the wonky options menu.

NmE EnRuins

01-27-2010

But this would make backdooring pointless, the whole point to backdooring is to catch your opponent off guard. This would make Sivir completely useless (and some other champs too)

Etyn

01-30-2010

For the Lane towers no, but for the main base towers yes. The lane towers are important but the base towers a vital. Let the lane towers be taken down without announcements but alert whenever a primary base tower comes under attack.

2 minute window in between announcements - would allow small windows of opportunity to gank a tower.

DJRage

02-03-2010

The only thing I can think of that I would like if a turret needed a warning when it has low hp (around less than 35%), with its own macro ping that would be nice, especially when working with non-communicative team, backdooring, or even just a reminder to play more defense in that area. It would be a very useful element for defense and even slow the game a tad if used properly.

PerfectH

02-04-2010

I like this.

If you're worried about spamming audio, just have it announce "A turret is under attack" only once every 15-20 seconds or more. Also, in the options panel, add a CVAR to disable this feature altogether.

Just a thought.

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

02-05-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This is a very interesting discussion guys! Rest assured that we are taking note on everyone's view on the subject.

Kriptini

02-05-2010

I usually play the pusher role in games. I would absolutely dread this. Most of the population has really good map awareness, please don't give those handful of oblivious peeps a clue, or I'll have to learn how to do something that requires actual thinking! =(

Draxy

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
I usually play the pusher role in games. I would absolutely dread this. Most of the population has really good map awareness, please don't give those handful of oblivious peeps a clue, or I'll have to learn how to do something that requires actual thinking! =(
Ok, by this logic we shouldn't have any audio triggers like "Inhibitor will respawn soon", players should just watch the mini map and observe when it's back.

In regards to the back dooring, I feel that the trigger would be good, as lower level teams getting back doored is a real stinging point. Making it so only a niche of players who play particularly careful attention to the mini map and know when they are being back doored (which is other games is generally considered a form of Griefing), is kinda silly.

The majority of players would benefit from this audio trigger and remove a sore spot for the lower level players who think they are about to win, when a Twitch pops up and starts owning their last tower. Not a fun experience all round for new players. Just consider the attitude of the players who leave that type of game. Quite a few may consider not playing a game that requires such attention to mini maps, when clearly an audio trigger may have saved them.

Pushers will still be viable, as it does take time to get to towers, and if the other team has a few teleporters, thats a few less flash/exhast/ignite users. Usually by the time a team gets back, its too late. With the audio trigger, it may still be too late, but it gives them a chance.

So in conclusion, maybe the pro's don't need the audio trigger, but the mass market of the LoL community are not pro. So please add the trigger.