AD Lux... late game viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yudir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2011

Critical Strikes Anivia. I has done it. A stun/slow, aoe slow, a huge wall, and one of the higher ranges in the game :3

PsychoSim

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
1. The passive scales better on other damage stats. It doesn't.
Her passive scales damage based on her AP level? I thought it was a set bonus? Her profile in the Learning Center doesn't mention any scaling other than her level being the variable.

Carados

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoSim View Post
Her passive scales damage based on her AP level? I thought it was a set bonus? Her profile in the Learning Center doesn't mention any scaling other than her level being the variable.
It only scales based on Cooldown Reduction, letting you get more debuffs to pop.

Severla

02-16-2011

Carados, you've gotta stop showing up in "outside the box" threads. You're such a downer.

Just build her as a somewhat tanky dps would build. Trinity first then some AD/Mitigation items. Wits End or Hexdrinker for the MR perhaps.

Also, to the no scaling skills argument: I do somewhat agree, but she has a snare, slow, and an opener/closer, meaning she can chase well and keep people from closing in.
Ashe only has one move that raises with AD: Volley. Yet she's a ranged physical carry. Slow doesnt "scale" since its just a slow on her attack. Same with Trist; only her AS steroid "scales" while everything else on her is AP. It's how you use the skills, not what they're affected by.

shubomber

02-16-2011

Quote:
It only scales based on Cooldown Reduction, letting you get more debuffs to pop.
I'm pretty sure Mpen applies to her passive, which is yet another reason to go for a tried-and-true Mpen/AP/CDR build.

Cenerae

02-16-2011

I tried AD Lux once for the trololols. We actually won the game, but not because of my contribution to the team. Lux doesn't really have enough range on her autoattack to safely dps in teamfights, leaving her with only her snare as anything worth a **** (and of course, the lazer for sniping very low hp runners). And if you're just picking a champ because it has a disable, why not go for Ashe instead?

I mean yeah ok. If you farm up enough gear you can probably carry. But so can AD Soraka. Doesn't make AD Soraka actually good when you compare that to pretty much any standard AD carry. Same goes with Lux. :-/

PsychoSim

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severla View Post
Carados, you've gotta stop showing up in "outside the box" threads. You're such a downer.

Just build her as a somewhat tanky dps would build. Trinity first then some AD/Mitigation items. Wits End or Hexdrinker for the MR perhaps.

Also, to the no scaling skills argument: I do somewhat agree, but she has a snare, slow, and an opener/closer, meaning she can chase well and keep people from closing in.
Ashe only has one move that raises with AD: Volley. Yet she's a ranged physical carry. Slow doesnt "scale" since its just a slow on her attack. Same with Trist; only her AS steroid "scales" while everything else on her is AP. It's how you use the skills, not what they're affected by.
Great objectivity and feedback. Thank you for the quality your contributing to the forum.

Carados

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severla View Post
Being a downer is nothing compared to what the other four people on your team are going to do if you lose the game for them because you built AP Garen.

Severla

02-18-2011

Quote:
Being a downer is nothing compared to what the other four people on your team are going to do if you lose the game for them because you built AP Garen.
I'm not the one using one of the very, very few completely useless builds (they all involve AP on tanky melees with zero or only one ratio with AP) as a comparison for a build that could work if done well. Anyone built AD can work if the summoner knows what he's doing. Look at Reginald with AD Soraka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoSim View Post
Great objectivity and feedback. Thank you for the quality your contributing to the forum.
I do what I can.