AD Lux... late game viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychoSim

02-16-2011

Before I heard a Red say she's been enjoying AD Lux build, I've been playing this way for quite sometime. This build is wonderful early game. Taking hits like a champ with her Shield and Using Wiggle to farm it up. Ashe get a nice surprise going toe to toe because of Illumination and Shield combined. But right around 7, I lose my effectiveness. I'm assuming I'm going to need some runes to up her armor pen, attack damage and all that, but what of item builds? Using her passive is critical, and finding a very hard hitting auto-attack is key. Is it building a Crit-Lux or do I go straight for the Damage? Anyone have a viable build?

AkitaNeru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-16-2011

I used to play a purely AD Lux back when she first came out, and I ran a normal Ashe build on her. IE, Last Whisper/Brutalizer, and then whatever else you needed for the situation.

The trick to AD Lux is that she has good CC regardless of how much AP you're building on her, so you have to make use of it. She kites well, and while her shield is weak, it still makes a difference during fights.

The major downside to AD Lux is how cruddy her ult becomes for sniping the runners.

While I haven't tested it thoroughly, and definitely not recently (I wouldn't start with a Doran's Blade anymore, for starters), I'd imagine a Trinity Force or Sheen might be viable on her (skill spam is easy enough, and extra mana doesn't hurt). Mostly, I think her problem is attack speed and running out of mana, which makes her ability to chase and kite vanish without a Frozen Mallet or red buff.

A Manamune is also not a bad item on her. I didn't have too many mana issues when I was playing her AD, but I believe I did pick up a Meki Pendant sometimes (not always, but without it you have to base a lot more often), and I occasionally took blue buff.

Edit: Also, going for flat damage is usually only done when the champion has a skill that scales off of AD. Lux has none, and as such, she does more damage with 250% critical hits than she does with flat AD.

Edit 2: Also, it's worth pointing out that you don't need a Wriggle's to farm well with her during laning phase. Her base damages are still good, and her AoE + auto-attacks basically kill anything you want to kill. Early game damage output to other champs is pretty hilarious, too.

Carados

02-16-2011

Why AD Lux over AD Annie or Zilean?

PsychoSim

02-16-2011

Because you can and it's not popular but has so much potential.

Carados

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoSim View Post
Because you can and it's not popular but has so much potential.
It has no potential. She has no skills which support the build, and below average base stats.

PsychoSim

02-16-2011

3 reasons:

1 Passive makes potential for high damage output.
2 Not popular build.
3 Fun when it works.

PsychoSim

02-16-2011

Because it's fun! The potential for high damage output due to her passive is very enticing and not popular.

AkitaNeru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-16-2011

It's 'viable', but there's basically zero reason to take it over any actual AD champ unless you're just having fun.

Carados

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoSim View Post
3 reasons:

1 Passive makes potential for high damage output.
2 Not popular build.
3 Fun when it works.
1. The passive scales better on other damage stats. It doesn't scale on autoattack stats.
2. That makes AP Garen a build with potential, instead of a free loss for your team.
3. Fun when you get carried.

AreYouReady2Die

02-16-2011

AD annie is a lot more viable, her range is a bit better, same build though Manamune, sheen, Hextech Gunblade, Phantom Dancer, Frozen mallet works well enough eventually get triforce