Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I Want to Kill: Poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anhi

01-26-2010

Added a quick subject look up. Numbered sections. Added new sections.

Shatterlight

01-26-2010

I'd think Fiddlesticks works well with Poppy. He has great earlygame harassment so she can farm (and he doesn't need the cash as badly as her. What creepkills I get tend to be bounces off the enemy champion I am targeting.), and Poppy provides the earlygame ganking strength to finish dominating the lane. Also, he can fear an enemy once Poppys ult is done, letting her escape/finish the job. He is also one of the least squishy casters, so if someone is smart enough to aim for him, he can USUALLY escape or survive while she pounds the **** out of the Udyr chasing you.

If you are a caster in a lane against these two, switch lanes. Silence AND a champion who isn't afraid to towerdive? You're ****ed.

Anhi

01-26-2010

And you're right Kirby. Which is just another reason why Poppy isn't a tank. No matter what that Yi on your team says. Poppy is a phys carry.

If you notice their Poppy is building a tank AND doesn't have a sheen. Relax, you've just gone to 5v4

Rachsal

01-27-2010

Exactly Anhi. Any Poppy who doesn't go for sheen first or even doesn't buy sheen at all, will be very easy to handle.

She also lanes good with Blitz. He grabs into the bush at level one, both hit the enemy champ, then you charge him and hes alsmost done for. Its nearly the same with Evelynn, great lane mate. She stealthes in the other bush and you can see and therefore charge the enemy champ from your bush. Great Synergies there.

But a defensive playing hero who sticks to his tower? well, there goes your money...

jungling is a good strategy, but you shouldnt do it primary, at around level 10 you can kill the golem and lizard with your hammer (and sheen). the other creeps should be one hits by now (with blow).

AranAT

01-28-2010

Ummm... Actually, Anivia's walls do work for Poppy. You can slam people against them, which is why I love having Anivia as a teammate. Perhaps the Poppy's you've played with just haven't been utilising them properly.