help with annie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SageMode

01-25-2010

So Ive been reading a lot of guides on Annie but they all seem to have a different preference on item build rune build and masteries. Heres what I'm trying to. Accomplish. High damage a little more early game survivability, and the fastest build for high damage item wise. Also I play eve a lot and have a designated ap rune page all ap @ 18. Can I incorporate those into the build? Just. Curious what you think.

TokinPrez

01-26-2010

I consider myself a pretty good Annie player so perhaps I can help you out a bit..

For Masteries I use 9/0/21 build, all standard here except I take the xp mastery. I do this because it gives me a small advantage when solo mid and allows me to reach my ult faster so I can begin ganks and sweep the game come mid.

Runes:

Red I use magic penetration

Yellow I used HP per level

Blue I use CDR per level

Quints I use flat HP

This will give you a huge HP boost early and continue to give you HP as the game continues. Annie is a huge target but also vital to team fights so the extra HP helps a ton. I also find with her spells providing stuns and being fast to cooldown, having the extra HP can often lead to being alive long enough to fire another stun round and burst for more kills. Been many times where I have that sliver of HP left and champs chasing me down where I turn, AoE stun and burst them dead.

Item build honestly changes depending on how the game is going but my usual would be I guess...

Saphire Crystal and pots
Boots 1
Mejais Soulstealr
Rod of Ages
Boots Final (depends every game)
Void Staff / Rylais Scepter / Deathfire Grasp
At this point I normally grab a defensive item unless we are dominating. Banshee Veil, Warmogs, Guardian Angel, Thornmail and so on.

Last item is whatever really. Also do not forget to go mid, buy elixers and vision wards for river and golem.

Degini

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

For a new Annie, who can't count on her survivability, do you still recommend mejai's? If not, what would your replace it with?

TokinPrez

01-26-2010

Mejais can be situational regardless of your skill level, there are times where I am not getting the kills needed or am having a really hard early game and I will skip it as it is a risky item.

If you skip it just move onto a early Rod and I would put deathfire in there sooner as well I suppose.

If you can though, mejai is amazing and will allow you to dominate team fights.

SageMode

01-26-2010

I went 11/0/7 my third time playing Annie this morning. I solo'd mid started with a health pot and dorans ring. I went straight into sorcerers boots then mejais. After that I made a codex and rylais. I started to make zonyas when the game ended. I used 9/0/21 with all ap @18 runes. It seemed to go well did a lot od tibbers stuns and disintegrate helped keep me from going oom. I used teleport and exhaust. Feel free to critique I don't mind the help.

Hiriko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

Sounds good,

Personally depending how it goes i get Soulstealer first then boots

I go
Health Pot, Doran
Soulstealer
Boots of Depends
Rylais
then Zonyas

TokinPrez

01-26-2010

Not bad at all. I would say that ignite / flash is the best combo for annie and go so far as to say if your not using flash with annie your playing her wrong. In fact I had a annie tonight who went I think same summoners spells as you and at the end said they would be going flash from now on after seeing how powerful it is with annie.

If your going Meja Soulstealer get it before boots, I do often get basic boots before but upgraded boots I often do not bother with until after mejai and rod of ages are done.

I dont bother with dorans ring as I rush out a Catalyst and basic boots after i gank at lvl 6, if i got more kills then ill pick up mejai as well if i can or part of mejai and a elixer.

Anyways how you build is really up to you, my last game I didnt do the best but I ended up getting warmogs and thornmail and became a tanky stunner, always good to be able to adapt.

Anyways only concrete thing I can say is get flash always.

SageMode

01-26-2010

That being said do you have any tips in using flash with Annie offensively and defensively?

churika

01-26-2010

don't care what anyone says but malphites ultimate + a flash tibber stunning annie is probably one of my favorite initiating combos of all time (imo!) for group fights

i don't know if it's the best but it's definately my favorite lol...**** is so funny to watch and after incineration while they're still mid air they're all like 1/4th hp if not already dead before they even come down off the ground

if you don't take flash on annie you're doing it wrong, that's not being harsh it's just a fact

churika

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageMode View Post
That being said do you have any tips in using flash with Annie offensively and defensively?
flash when you have tibbers up and stun ready to suprrise gank people, tibbers will get 2 hits in and some of his AOE dmg before they're even out of the stun, not to mention you doing Q and W

defensively it seems to help me solo mid because the distance to the tower isn't too far. also in group fights if you dind't use flash to iniate, it can be good to get out of the middle of the fray and nuke from the back.