Help me choose good mage class please :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nightmareeeee

01-25-2010

Can some experienced players tell me what mage class i should use, I am currently using fiddlesticks... but i want to change things up a bit :P.. I only have 2212 influence points, These are the classes im trying to decide between... Annie, Veigar, Sion.. or should i save up for kassadin. The way i play i usually like to stay back and play as support for my friends so yeah.. thanks

tabura

01-25-2010

Try veigar
It's easy to play him, get trap first, and then dark matter, makes it easy to harrass and defend

JunkRamen

01-25-2010

If you like to stay back, then Kassadin and Sion are out. Annie's generally the better champion between her and Veigar, though I'm sure someone's going to chime in to tell me how wrong I am.

TokinPrez

01-25-2010

If your wanting to stay back and play support for your friends then I would say none of them.

As for play style of the ones you listed, they are all very different.

Kassadin is a chaser and ganker, very much an assassin type.

Annie is all about stuns and positioning

Sion is a tank mage if your going AP, he can also be built physical or tank, so a lot of options with him which also means he has 3 very different play styles.

Im not sure what Veigars role is aside from being anti caster much as jax is anti physical, he is fun to play though and can stay in the back more and not have to worry about positioning and such as much.

To pick up and play and do ok with I would say...

Veigar is easiest
Annie
Sion
Kassadin

To do well with and standout...

Veigar is easiest
Sion
Annie / Kassadin

IMO anyways...

If your wanting support caster why not look into Morgana or Soraka? They both can stay back and offer their mates a lot of help.

Nowiser

01-26-2010

I would agree with Soraka or Morgana, Soraka is nice cause she is cheap, and she is the perfect support. She can give mana for free, silence for free, heal, and do some slight AoE damage. She is squishy, so you need to be careful. But my dad started playing her because he died too much as other charecters (not very good and reacting to whats happening) and so he plays soraka and his rule of thumb is stay behind whoever you lane with. Works pretty well, keeps you alive and helps you learn the game. Morgana is also a lot of fun, she is very good at defense with her AoE. She has a good stun, and magic sheild and a good ult. She is a good charecter for learning the game in my opinion because you can practice her skills without the risk of dying. You can stay back at a tower and time your stun with your AoE to do some pretty nice damage. Those are my 2 cents. Never played veiger. Sion is a tank, Annie is a lot of fun, but is probably a harder character to learn. I would go with morgana or Soraka, soraka in my opinion is a better choice because she is cheaper, If you dont like her you didnt waste much and can save up. I have done my fair share of wasting IP on expensive champions that I dont like. And keep and eye on the free champion rotation, you never know who is gonna be there, so if you check on that you can hold off buying someone till you try them. Hope this helps

Nightmareeeee

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowiser View Post
And keep and eye on the free champion rotation, you never know who is gonna be there, so if you check on that you can hold off buying someone till you try them. Hope this helps
How do I check the rotations? :P

lionheart5656

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

Be a black mage. They're way better than white mages.

Nowiser

01-26-2010

Most of the times on the log on page there is a thing that says the free champions, there is also a forum that discusses, most of the time they give the rotations for the next 2 weeks, so right now they have this weeks listed, and next weeks, so you can check it out!

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=49771

And look at that, Morgana is on next weeks free rotation! Which should happen within the next 2 or three days, i thought that they used to update on tuesdays, so the new champs would be out today, but i think last week it was on a wedesday or thursday, not really sure. Can anyone clarify?

But that is where you can find them, under the announcement page in the forums!

Good luck and have fun!

Grovel

01-26-2010

1. Annie for Bursty Kills/Assists, get in and get out.
2. Morgana for great control/support
3. Veiger for a mixture of both.

Nightmareeeee

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowiser View Post

And look at that, Morgana is on next weeks free rotation!
Thanks for the help