Professional Master Yi Strategy Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sco0oby

Adjudicator

08-24-2009

Dont listen to cefx, hes a loser.

I highly recommend finding your own build, you have so many ways you can improve your way of playing any champion with masteries and runes, adapt to yourself!

dont adapt to broken gamemechanics, as that will just make you brake your skill and get owned as soon as your build gets balanced... lohol

Voygirl

08-24-2009

I think Scooby is trolling - otherwise there's no base for his claims.

Adapting your runes/masteries to your playstyle is a great suggestion, but having increased survivability, a better selection of skill building, and better item selection will yield you much greater success in high level games. Of course, if you're pubstomping / playing low rated players still learning the game...cookie cutter DPS is always reliable.

flankd

The Council

08-24-2009

I've played in some high level games, and although I don't play Yi every game everytime I have i've gotten a lot of comments on how well I play Yi.

Philosopher's Stone is what I get if it's not a caster heavy team for early jungling.

I've also tried armor penetration before, was pre-patch but I didn't really care for it tbh. Maybe i'll try it again.

Also... I don't really care for the 8-10% Cooldown, I mean... i'm using it atm but I'm about to actually change it right now tbh. 8-10% is good, but for Yi? Meh. Mediocre imo.

And I do generally level Wuju style first but its not for everybody, its a lot easier for most players to farm with alpha strike jungling, swapping lanes and golem buff.

And don't think so highly of yourself cefx, if you knew me and knew how ridiculously amazing I am at other video games you'd get the picture.

Btw. I'm a better Yi than you could ever be. Blindfolded. Good Day.

Syth

08-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankd View Post
I've played in some high level games, and although I don't play Yi every game everytime I have i've gotten a lot of comments on how well I play Yi.

Philosopher's Stone is what I get if it's not a caster heavy team for early jungling.

I've also tried armor penetration before, was pre-patch but I didn't really care for it tbh. Maybe i'll try it again.

Also... I don't really care for the 8-10% Cooldown, I mean... i'm using it atm but I'm about to actually change it right now tbh. 8-10% is good, but for Yi? Meh. Mediocre imo.

And I do generally level Wuju style first but its not for everybody, its a lot easier for most players to farm with alpha strike jungling, swapping lanes and golem buff.

And don't think so highly of yourself cefx, if you knew me and knew how ridiculously amazing I am at other video games you'd get the picture.

ZzZzz

Voygirl

08-24-2009

Quote:

Orly.

flankd

The Council

08-24-2009

Wow, that is a pretty badass screen shot, not gonna lie.

Anansi

Adjudicator

08-24-2009

Quote:
if you knew me and knew how ridiculously amazing I am at other video games you'd get the picture.
This is the kind of stuff that makes whatever else you've got to say totally irrelevant. Too bad, I enjoyed reading through your guide and this thread. I mean, before you felt the urge to turn this supposedly informative discussion into a dick contest you're the only one playing.

This guide should be taken out of RoarMan's list based on this kind of line. If it isn't already the case.

AntiMage

08-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cefx the Mighty View Post
Orly.

explain the picture. thanks =]

Smolder

08-24-2009

Great guide. If I wasn't so lazy I would try the attack speed runes that you suggest. I did use the Move Speed ones and found that they make a huge difference. Some times I get Zeal but don't upgrade to Phantom, just for that little extra move speed, and it is so cheap. What do you think of that?

Thanks for sharing.

flankd

The Council

08-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
This is the kind of stuff that makes whatever else you've got to say totally irrelevant. Too bad, I enjoyed reading through your guide and this thread. I mean, before you felt the urge to turn this supposedly informative discussion into a dick contest you're the only one playing.

This guide should be taken out of RoarMan's list based on this kind of line. If it isn't already the case.
Yeah uhm... I'm not sure how well you pay attention but I didn't turn this thread into a "dick contest" out of the blue... because if you were paying attention you'd notice someones subtle little antagonistic comments which ultimately lead to my defense and once again the "dick contest"

..but anyways, I winged this guide on a lunch break, pre-patch.. its already obsolete and i'm officially done responding to this thread because you guys are giving me a head ache.