LoL causing sound distortion and crashing mid-game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoshoFTMFW

02-15-2011

My computer is pretty solid, except for what I believe may be a sound card that doesn't agree with the LoL client.

Programs I run often while playing LoL are: Skype, iTunes. And I have played multiple games without having this problem. The only common denominator is LoL so I'm curious if Support has any solutions.

Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio (thats what device manager says at least)

It starts off with sound distortion, static/watery sound from both Skype/Music/In-Game sound and eventually crashes (at what seems to be the most important times :\ team fights). After the distortion starts, it can be anywhere from 30 secs to 5 mins before my whole computer freezes.

I assure you everything is updated, and my computer is well over the needed specs to run this game. Also minimal programs are running in the background, the computer is not being overworked, or overheating. A simple reinstall has not fixed the problem, nor has a hard reformat of the hard drive. So I believe there is a default setting I need to alter, or perhaps bad hardward. Please lend me some insight, my tech skills are limited.

Thank you. Great game.

RoshoFTMFW

02-15-2011

Crashing is incorrect. I haven't had the client crash, my computer freezes. Thus causing a restart (and ultimately disconnecting me from the game for crucial in-game minutes),

Also, my computer audio settings are set to 5.1 surround sound for my speakers. Attempting Quadraphonic tonight while I play with my friends to see if LoL and my computer are disagreeing over that.

CamYo

07-23-2011

same problem, 1920x1080 display, windows 7, i was recording the game with fraps and it just crashed on EU NE at around 25 minute mark (first time on this new computer / setup, i've had it for a week now).

i also have realtek high definition audio

looking for support.

Xelsia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Sorry to necro an old thread, but I'm having this problem as well