Does anyone think the Ryze changes are...

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AckNun

02-15-2011

My main thing is early game he's going to be lacking. his mana cost on his Q which is being played out to be his bread and butter is pretty high 40 extra mana per cast when you got other people that can spam their Q pretty easily. Just going to have to see how he plays out I guess? Just from the looks of the patch seems like a nerf to me.

Gorchek

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Bade View Post
Spell Vamp is not a Worthless stat. When Ryze uses his Ult and spams all his spells he will get a lot of HP back. How is that stupid? Just wait and see before you get your panties all bunched up.
Cept Riot has admitted themselves that most casters open up at full or near full life. Ryze's ult will probably be on cooldown by the time he drops to half life.

Unless he gets ganked, and then he's just boned regardless.

Assassin God

02-15-2011

Its fine i love the new rune cause it is stronger cause with cleanse or merc offed 2 ticks of dmg

The only thing i hate is ulty dont we decerve more then 15% spell vamp at lease 20% cause spell vamp is only 33% on aoe skills and guess what ulty makes them all that so .15 * .33 * dmg cools (math may be wrong)

YouGottaKillMe

02-15-2011

pretty sure the spell vamp from his ult will make him be able to stay in a fight a little longer unloading more abilities
thats just using common sense tho so i'm sorry if i'm wrong

Lulwy

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorchek View Post
Cept Riot has admitted themselves that most casters open up at full or near full life. Ryze's ult will probably be on cooldown by the time he drops to half life.

Unless he gets ganked, and then he's just boned regardless.
Except Ryze doesn't open up at full or near full life.

He's constantly teabagging your team for massive AoE damage that he's seeing some nasty spell vamp from.

While spamming Overload.

Which also scales with mana.

Ahriman1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

Ryze's passive: -1 second on all cd's when you cast a spell.

You cast spell flux pre-changes: 9 sec cd, you cast rune prison and overload -7 sec cd. Overload is on a 6 sec cd and rune prison is on whatever cd that is.

New system: spell flux, 14 sec cd. rune prison -> overload, 12 secs on spell flux, rune prison cd minus one, and 3.5 on overload. You get another two overloads off for a total of minus three seconds on spell flux. 11 sec cd.

Not to mention that overload has a 10% mana:damage ratio, which didn't change, so overload hits so much harder than it used to that it's not even funny. It's a ryze buff, the only thing that is negative about it is that you have to be in range more often. Considering the increase in range, I'm okay with this.

Killabeez

02-15-2011

We are downvoting because YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET! WAIT FOR THE QQ THREADS! Always crying...

Gorchek

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulwy View Post
Except Ryze doesn't open up at full or near full life.

He's constantly teabagging your team for massive AoE damage that he's seeing some nasty spell vamp from.

While spamming Overload.

Which also scales with mana.
So, he's poking with his Q or E constantly. That's fine. I'd believe that Ryze doesn't necessarily open up at the start of a teamfight, like Annie does.

But I cannot see where you are coming from. So, everyone's at full health, 5 people staring at another 5, and then the initiation comes, and the teamfight starts.

So, you're saying that Ryze... waits? To cast his spells? He could wait to cast his ult, but not his spells, and then he's losing out on some nice grouped-up AoE splash.

And Overload already scaled off of mana. The only change here was his new ult, which grants him an extra 7.5-22.5 damage per Overload. Not that impressive. A better ult would be a miniature Archangels. Now that would be impressive.

Poki3 tem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siignal View Post
When an ability has an increased cooldown and stops giving you AP completely, it means it now scales 100% less. Not to mention the damage percentage. AP > Spell Vamp.
Except that is not gives mana. Mana directly increases the damage on his skills. And you have the mana bonus 100% of the time.

TiltedAxis

02-15-2011

Sorry but this is ******ed phreak, this is nothing but a blatant ryze nerf, there was no reason to decrease the AOE splash on his ult by 15%, taking out the AP bonus isn't enough? OH, but u give us enough mana to cast ONE spell, AND a useless stat like spell vamp - GREAT compensation, nerf the hell out of his main AOE ability, but buff the single target one, WHILE LOWERING the ult that MAKES IT AOE!

HUGE NERF TO AN UNDERPLAYED CHAMPION - GOOD GOING RIOT

(i main ryze at 1700-1800 elo - 66-67% winrate)

1234567 ... 8