Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does anyone think the Ryze changes are...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phreak

Senior Recruiter

02-15-2011

Quote:
masterojack:
ok, so only his Q is worth anything. WTF do i do with my other buttons? chat?

Stun them and reduce their MR for Q to do more damage.

Hey guys, Frost Shot, Hawkshot, and Enchanted Crystal Arrow don't get any bonus damage from AD. Ashe is useless. Buff now please!

SaulOrNothing

Recruiter

02-15-2011

Quote:
Phreak:
When an ability has half the cooldown and the same ratio, it means it now scales twice as hard.

I was hoping for tons of spell flux's bouncing around. No one LIKED his q... This doesnt make him a "spell machine gun" it makes him a q bot.

toggle

02-15-2011

Quote:
Coersion:
Get a WotA. More spell vamp. Makes you deceptively weak, so a Teemo comes to 1v1 you. Cage>Ulti>Spam Q Q Q Q Q Q Q

Dead Teemo, Healthy Ryze.

That's what I'm saying. Will of the Ancients completely smacks Ryze's ult in the face. You countered my post with my opinion.

Dracozero

02-15-2011

Quote:
Siignal:
When an ability has an increased cooldown and stops giving you AP completely, it means it now scales 100% less. Not to mention the damage percentage. AP > Spell Vamp.

Competent Ryze players didn't stack AP anyway.

Jason Only

02-15-2011

It's clear that math is not the fortée of several forum dwellers.

His changes are interesting. Complain after playing a couple of matches, if you must.

CovertGhoul

02-15-2011

Dude, Cassie is kind of blah, why would you want Ryze to stick around in the fight for more than 2 seconds? Like ryze should nova and get the **** out, this completely makes him vulnerable.

Gorchek

02-15-2011

Quote:
Phreak:
When an ability has half the cooldown and the same ratio, it means it now scales twice as hard.

Perhaps.

Let's see, base damage on Q lowered by 1/3, CD reduced by 2/3, and AP scaling cut in half. I suck at math, but I'll go ahead and say that it's twice as good as before, plus his passive.

So, this nice buff to his Q justifies the five or so nerfs he got to all three of his other spells?

Mitch Bade

02-15-2011

Spell Vamp is not a Worthless stat. When Ryze uses his Ult and spams all his spells he will get a lot of HP back. How is that stupid? Just wait and see before you get your panties all bunched up.

Caryatid

02-15-2011

Quote:
Phreak:

No, it means he has to stand around in order to do damage. This puts him in harms way for far longer than he can stand. In the past he could unload a combo and run away but now he can't. Paltry range buffs and Spell Vamp do not make up for this.

Gorchek

02-15-2011

Quote:
Phreak:
Stun them and reduce their MR for Q to do more damage.

Hey guys, Frost Shot, Hawkshot, and Enchanted Crystal Arrow don't get any bonus damage from AD. Ashe is useless. Buff now please!

That's not really the issue I'm thinking of here. A better comparison would be if you guys lowered the cooldown on Volley from, say, 12 to 4 seconds, then halved the stun on Ashe's ult, increased the CD from 60 seconds to 90 seconds, lowered the range on Hawkshot by about 15% (and increased the CD by 15 seconds), and lowered the slow by about 5%.

You buffed Ryze's Q and then nerfed every single other spell.