Does anyone think the Ryze changes are...

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorchek

02-15-2011

kind of mediocre? They said they were going to make more of him scale off of mana to make him into a "caster carry," then ended up just making the most non-nuke spell in his arsenal the only additional spell that scales with mana.

Then they change his ult and makes it worthless. Spell vamp is and always will be a worthless stat, and a static amount of mana that doesn't scale at all? As if that wasn't enough of a nerf to his ult, they reduced the splash, too.

I don't think a caster carry will ever work. Having to stand still to spam spells doesn't help Urgot survive teamfights, and neither will it help Ryze.

Yes, I'm making presumptions without playing him, but it doesn't take a genius to theorycraft.

• Let's see... nerfed the damage but cut the cooldown on his Q by 2/3. I guess that's even.
  • Nerfed Rune Prison.
  • Nerfed Spell Flux HARD.
  • For his ult: Traded useful AP for worthless Spell vamp and a pitiful amount of mana. Increased the cooldown, decreased the duration, and weakened the splash. Nerf, nerf, nerf. Biggest nerf of all.

How was this change not a huge fat nerf to Ryze in nearly every aspect? Is there something amounst the six or so nerfs that I missed, cause I'd absolutely love to see it.

EDIT: Half of you are downvoting because there's a red right below me with a positive score. He didn't even say my post was bupkus, just that Ryze's Q is probably better than I gave it credit for. Let's have a nice discussion here, okay? Just to show you I love you, here, have a kitten.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

02-15-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

When an ability has half the cooldown and the same ratio, it means it now scales twice as hard.

NessOnett

02-15-2011

because ryze has a passive. Which means that his spell flux effectively has about half the cooldown it did before...and the rest are even better than that.

toggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
When an ability has half the cooldown and the same ratio, it means it now scales twice as hard.
When an ability has an increased cooldown and stops giving you AP completely, it means it now scales 100% less. Not to mention the damage percentage. AP > Spell Vamp.

masterojack

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
ok, so only his Q is worth anything. WTF do i do with my other buttons? chat?

Teemo Kanye West

02-15-2011

yes, but spell vamp on a spammable spell that does dmg off of ap AND max mana? Smells like win to me.

mermin

02-15-2011

so this "rework" took months. lol

Coersion

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siignal View Post
When an ability has an increased cooldown and stops giving you AP completely, it means it now scales 100% less. AP > Spell Vamp.
Get a WotA. More spell vamp. Makes you deceptively weak, so a Teemo comes to 1v1 you. Cage>Ulti>Spam Q Q Q Q Q Q Q

Dead Teemo, Healthy Ryze.

MrJon3s

02-15-2011

Just wait till you have tried him. Now phreak wheres my eve remake and woot amumu buff.

Ribbones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

Ryze will certainly live up to his proposed machine-gun status. Imagine a Lichbane and a stacked Archangels on him? The amount of DPS he will put out will be insane, not to mention he'll work fantastically with Morello's new item.

12345 ... 8