Release Notes v1.0.0.111

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlastTyrant

02-15-2011

Booo on the randuins Nerf

Stwarlord

02-15-2011

huge nerf to anivia's early game... and what's up with the egg changes? don't think those were necessary at all... i think i'll be lookin for a new champ to play =/

bunXD

02-15-2011

THANK YOU 20 minute surrender time!

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
He will get the Riot bro fist That was indeed him, by the way. He probably played Kassadin, I'd guess.
Oh, I played with Zhonya back in the beta. I thought he just named himself after the item, not the other way around.

Also, a name that ends in "a" usually is feminine... he should get that checked out.

PerTerra

02-15-2011

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
My Anivia IS DEAD . . .
I will drown my sorrow in the blood of "intermediate" bots!

Morello

Lead Designer

02-15-2011
16 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
What the hell guys? You said you were going to rework Ryze because no-one used him any more- so why did you nerf him BRUTALLY in almost EVERY SINGLE RESPECT? Rune Prison duration and damage? Nerfed. Overload damage and mana cost? Nerfed.Spell Flux cooldown, damage and mana cost? Nerfed. Desperate Power AoE damage, duration and AP bonus (the really useful part)? Nerfed. ALL RATIOS? Nerfed. Congratulations, you've just changed Ryze from not played to unplayable.
This feedback is due to people reading changes as binary - nerfs or buffs. When looking at things as either + or - for the character, individually, this will often lead to misunderstanding of the changes.

What is actually happening here is driving his damage to be more about + mana, lowering his cooldowns, giving + max mana on his ulti (which then increases spell damage) makes mana + CDR extremely attractive if for high damage. These items also typically come with survivability, making him more durable than burst casters since he takes a few extra second to ramp up.

The "nerfs" are adjustments to make him machine-gun without instagibbing whole teams. He's actually now the closest thing to a real caster-carry who can vie for spots vs some physicals, bringing some sustained AOE damage to the table. It's really powerful.

Currently, live Ryze is a poor character because his burst is more comparable to other champions, but has less utility. Since we really don't want bursts larger than our current casters have, this was the best way to differentiate Ryze and not having him compete vs other burst casters.

I encourage people to play several games before passing judgment, and build mana + CDR to really get the most out of it.

CrashTestGenius

02-15-2011

Huzzah!

+1

Undercover Urf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-15-2011

lots of squished bugs

edtehgar

02-15-2011

Gonna pour some 40 on the street for my boy panth.

Rip Bro.

Ryneff

02-15-2011

Also, huge fail.. nerf to the support items will only really hurt support characters... (CDR dependant...) and no Karma buff? :/