RIOT punishes good behavior.

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vitameen Water

02-15-2011

sucks mang, too bad not everyone does it in a nice way like you

Ethelion

02-15-2011

I think there must be some kind of survey after you queue dodge asking why u dodged, regardless of the penalty

NiXJuke

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regards View Post
That's actually bad behavior no matter how much you sugar coat it. You said in your OP that you knew you would have to dc soon. Why would you risk it?
I made a gamble and lost so I deserved a punishment. I rightfully agree.

However I could have taken an elo hit of 13 for my mistake and cost 4 other people on my team the same punishment by continuing into the gameand afking, OR be a nice guy and dodge and take a 26 point loss.

Other than being the nice guy, what incentive was there to make this decision.

Grenadilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whist View Post
I heard riot is developing a system that can telepathically connect with your brain so it can tell if your queue dodges/leaves are for a legit reason or not...however it won't be out until next month sadly.
Trollface.jpg

JRaccoon

02-15-2011

I agree. I don't like dodging but it's better if you find out in the few minutes before a game to have no incentive to stay and ruin the game.

Your choices become:

• Queue dodge. Get the leave and loss and 20? Elo deduction.
  • Stay in the game. Get a leave and loss and 12 Elo deduction.

If you were merely trying to "game" the system you would be better off entering a game you couldn't commit to rather than dodging before anyone suffers.

Grenadilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duoshot View Post
Shoulda stayed single.
hahahaha

Sabnitron

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXJuke View Post
I'm a nice guy so I dodged. I agree there should be an elo loss equal to a loss for dodging but why double? Why punish someone for doing the right thing?

TL;DR: Queue dodging should lose 1 game of elo, not 2.
No, the right thing would not be queuing for a game when you know you might not be ably to play it. Don't blame the system for your lack of self control.

Regards

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXJuke View Post
I made a gamble and lost so I deserved a punishment. I rightfully agree.

However I could have taken an elo hit of 13 for my mistake and cost 4 other people on my team the same punishment by continuing into the gameand afking, OR be a nice guy and dodge and take a 26 point loss.

Other than being the nice guy, what incentive was there to make this decision.
As someone who's engaged, and had my moments of "Oh snap, my fiancée is calling and I'm in the middle of a game!" I understand where you're coming from, and I appreciated your willingness to admit fault. The thing is that if you nerf the punishment due to an isolated incident, you're nerfing the punishment to all the other's who que dodge for all the wrong reasons. If you feel that you've been so absolutely cheated, send riot and email explaining your situation. You'll get much more respect and your case will probably be taken much more seriously if you do that other then creating yet another QQ thread.

skjaybe

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regards View Post
As someone who's engaged, and had my moments of "Oh snap, my fiancée is calling and I'm in the middle of a game!" I understand where you're coming from, and I appreciated your willingness to admit fault. The thing is that if you nerf the punishment due to an isolated incident, you're nerfing the punishment to all the other's who que dodge for all the wrong reasons. If you feel that you've been so absolutely cheated, send riot and email explaining your situation. You'll get much more respect and your case will probably be taken much more seriously if you do that other then creating yet another QQ thread.
This argument would hold water if you didn't lose less ELO if you let the game load in and go afk at the fountain. The punishment should be nerfed for everyone because queue dodging for the right AND wrong reasons shouldn't cost more ELO than a game loss, if only because a leaver in a game can waste 25 minutes of my time whereas a queue dodger wastes what...2 minutes? 4 tops?

NiXJuke

02-15-2011

And my wife is Korean... I thought they were supposed to be understanding to this sorta thing. But seriously though I dont mean to qq here. I more so wanted to point out the double ELO penalty is kind of silly... I mean I'll get the elo back eventually so I don't mean to cry about that.

123456 ... 8