RIOT punishes good behavior.

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiXJuke

02-15-2011

My wife was at her friend's house for the evening so for me that meant...

UNDISTURBED GAME TIME!

I knew time was coming to an end so I said ok last game, she'll be calling soon to pick her up. Too bad the game is ruined by a sion who gets pissed and afks at 10mins in. Ok... one more game. I can't end on that.

I queue up and have last pick. My pick comes up and my phone rings. "Hey come down stairs and see my friends baby." She got a ride home already and now others have to wait on me.

F*CK...

I had two choices. Pick my champ, afk the first 10-15 mins then come finish the game and cost my whole team a loss, OR queue dodge and save them the hell.

I'm a nice guy so I dodged. I agree there should be an elo loss equal to a loss for dodging but why double? Why punish someone for doing the right thing?

TL;DR: Queue dodging should lose 1 game of elo, not 2.

EDIT: Some people seem to be missing this so I'll make it clear. I deserved the loss, leave, and an elo hit. But why double for leaving? I'd have lost less if I stayed in the queue and f*cked the other 4 on my team by afking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
You *SHOULD* not lose double ELO for queue dodging ranked, you lost the amount you would have lost for losing that game.

edit: We are investigating a possible issue with this based on your reports, will keep you updated.
Any updates yet?

Duoshot

02-15-2011

Shoulda stayed single.

4death4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

02-15-2011

I could give a f*ck less about elo, it's just silliness... I play for fun, not to compare myself to ancient chess judgement.

Regards

02-15-2011

That's actually bad behavior no matter how much you sugar coat it. You said in your OP that you knew you would have to dc soon. Why would you risk it?

4death4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regards View Post
That's actually bad behavior no matter how much you sugar coat it. You said in your OP that you knew you would have to dc soon. Why would you risk it?
He's right, if you know you gotta go... don't waste our time.

Prometheius

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4death4 View Post
I could give a f*ck less about elo, it's just silliness... I play for fun, not to compare myself to ancient chess judgement.
Your in ranked. There is no fun in ranked. GTFO of ranked. Seriously. If you want to have fun, stay in normal and stop ****ing it up for people who are actually playing to win.

Though I agree with your point. Dodges shouldn't be punished.

Takalah

02-15-2011

Quote:
as long as you're sticking to normal mode then, good for you.

Whist

02-15-2011

I heard riot is developing a system that can telepathically connect with your brain so it can tell if your queue dodges/leaves are for a legit reason or not...however it won't be out until next month sadly.

TehGus

02-15-2011

Quote:
Then don't play Ranked. Thanks.

Regards

02-15-2011

Quote:
He's right, if you know you gotta go... don't waste our time.
Seriously, why do people try to fight this?

12345 ... 8