Why don't people tank Anivia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beefofdoom

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualm View Post
No... it's not.

The point of being a tank is NOT to be able to soak up damages. It's to be able to survive to land disables and to be able to get to their carries without getting blown up by their focus fire.

Just being able to take damage is worthless, and while anivia can do more, she doesn't require much survivability in order to do so due to her long range.

On top of that, she has great AP scaling.

1) I said get aggro, not take damage.
2) Anivia has two passives: 1) Rebirth. 2) Passive global taunt. I don't see how having TWICE THE HEALTH OF ANY OTHER CHAMPION IN THE GAME is not being 'able to survive'.
3) So does Amumu.

CelesteAmaterasu

02-15-2011

I end up usually playing an off tank anivia.

I first go philo to stay in the lane forever.

Then I buy RoA because it gives me everything I could dream of, health/mana/ap
Then AAW to deal with the rest of my mana regen problems.

After that I go for Warmongs, this with RoA lets me hit about 3.5k hp, nothing to snort at.

Now, depending on the team composition of the enemy, I'll either grab a thornmail if they're heavy ad, FoN if they're heavy ap, and GA if they're pretty balanced.

If I don't buy the GA first, then I'll buy the GA second after the FoN or Thornmail.

I find this build to be much better than AP. Anivia has terrible ap ratios, and I don't find myself doing much less damage by going off-tank instead.

Frank the Golem

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefofdoom View Post
All trolling aside.

Anivia as a tank would get focused like hell, the very point of being a tank. Not only that, she would have her passive, which is the undisputed best passive in the game for a tank. +50 resistances and all your health back? Once you die, like a proper tank should, you would get EVEN MORE FOCUS as an egg. And you know what? Then you use your guardian angel. Then you have your Zil revive you.
I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but if you're tanking and the other team focuses you hard enough to go through egg and GA and is still focusing you after Zil ults you, they deserve to get aced. Hard.

Beefofdoom

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Golem View Post
I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but if you're tanking and the other team focuses you hard enough to go through egg and GA and is still focusing you after Zil ults you, they deserve to get aced. Hard.
Which is exactly why this idea is so brilliant. They won't even notice your team of Zilean and 3 tanks slowly killing them as they run through your health four times.

Morinav

02-15-2011

You can just build AP and demolish the enemy team.

Don't need to tank if there's no one left to be tanked.

fr0ztbyte

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACKLOL View Post
if you don't have blue buff all game you're doing it wrong
If your tank has blue buff all game long then I laugh at you from the opposing team.

McDracos

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu Utsuho View Post
Anivia has terrible ap ratios
Umm, anvia has two 1:1 AP ratios if you use them right (flash frost hit+ explode, only frostbite when chilled) and her toggle AoE ult is .25/second which if well placed will do tons of damage. Her AP ratios are pretty awesome.

D3m0nCh1ck3n

02-15-2011

Quote:
All trolling aside.

Anivia as a tank would get focused like hell, the very point of being a tank. Not only that, she would have her passive, which is the undisputed best passive in the game for a tank. +50 resistances and all your health back? Once you die, like a proper tank should, you would get EVEN MORE FOCUS as an egg. And you know what? Then you use your guardian angel. Then you have your Zil revive you.
ive been thinking that too

ThunderZero

02-15-2011

Quote:
Which is exactly why this idea is so brilliant. They won't even notice your team of Zilean and 3 tanks slowly killing them as they run through your health four times.
Heh, 7/10. You had me going for a while. I guess just because someone says "all trolling aside", doesn't mean they aren't going to do it.

4death4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-15-2011

Quote:
All trolling aside.

I'd like to test this out but I don't have Anivia, on a side note though... If you take her against Mord, he will CotG (ult) you and the Anivia ghost still has the passive, although I have never seen it rebirth itself (transform from egg to bird) as ghost, I'm sure it would if it wasn't being killed by a tower... I have only seen this once.