Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Explain why Tiamat is Bad!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yana

01-28-2010

An added bonus of tiamat is the relatively nice earlygame it gives you due to the starting items.

But it's not bad on Shaco if you desire to do rapid ninja pushes / BD high levels, which is suprisingly effective due to your nearly unkillable state with decieve and hallucinate. It also could be useful if your team competely lacks pushing power and you're a DPSer.

But for actual hero killing it's lame mostly unless they're bush hiding in the smallest bush in the game. The main advantage of it is in increasing your auto-attack creep kill ability, which unless you're farming a lot will be unlikely to make up the gold difference and allow you to buy more useful items. Also, timat's on a poor farming hero with bad attack damage probably won't make you that much better, it's proably better to just do your assigned role in the team than to start trying to rice farm with your tank alistar.

D2Freak

01-28-2010

Quote:
ichi the killer:
L2P?!? More speed means more poison stack. More poison stack means more dmg from expunge, better slow from his W. The initial subject of this thread was why tiamat is bad.

I agree that Crit chance, crit dmg and dmg are good for him. But Atk speed has a better synergy with his abilities and that's why Tiamat is a bad choice, IMO. Plus Twitch already has a built in splash with his ult. If you prefer stacking crit, crit dmg and dmg, will you get a tiamat? I dont think so. There are better options for less gold.

Concerning your choice of runes and which stats to stack, there are numerous guides out there. Yours is as good as mine. I prefer armor penetration runes and atk speed.

U serious? I really need to ask u to try a tiamat on twitch. Minions will drop their pants faster then a crack***** looking for a shot. U will farm like crazy, yes a lot better then with just some IAS bonus. It also works perfectly when u attack a group of enemies and minions are close to. Its like crazy splash.. They wont have time to yell WTF! All you need after tiamat is a damage item and ur set.

I am curious @ how tiamats will stack on twitch and shaco.. ill try some games tonight.

IceDive

01-28-2010

How about sheen/lich bane + righteous fury + tiamat on kayle? That would make her splash damage splash for some decent damage, wouldn't it?

lionheart5656

01-28-2010

This item is fail. I saw this thread and decided to give it a shot.

The range is as short as any melee hero's range. They would basically have to be sitting in a circle the size of your thumb for them to get the extra damage. If they increased the range to something decent then this item would be awesome. Right now you'll be lucky if it hits anyone besides the target.

Eat dat chammich

01-28-2010

It's an interesting item on Nasus. It allows you to grab the two regen items for early laning. Build into it somewhere in early/mid game and you are able to once shot creep waves (ranged first and melee after you get more gear) with Siphoning Strike. I only tried it out a couple of times and near as I could tell it was actually charging up the Siphoning Strike damage on the splash damage kills as well as the direct damage kill.

A rune page full of crit/crit dmg runes + Tiamat + Trinity Force could be interesting. Not that Nasus needs help farming...but it is far more mana efficient.