Explain why Tiamat is Bad!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EchoRex

01-25-2010

You get a better damage return from stacking crit chance and crit damage is the largest strike against Tiamat for any champion.

The gold and time cost in taking a Tiamat instead of crit items or Black Cleaver/Bloodthirster is not close to balanced by the increase in AoE capabilities.

And no, Sivir only gets the Tiamat proc on the first target hit, none of the targets the bounce hits.

Voidgolem

01-25-2010

Why Tiamat is bad:

Atrociously small splash radius

Absurd cost for what benefit it provides

volune

01-25-2010

tiamat has 2 nice items to start the game with, rejuv bead and farie charm.

450 gold for: 7 damage, 7 health regen, 1 mana regen, spash damage.

considering the price of the components, the stats are actually worth the 450 gold. without the splash damage.

is it a great item? no. is it a "waste of money"? no. could you buy better? yes.

it is a decent first item to go for. you can start with health and mana regen, and pick up some damage along the way.

i like tiamat on sivir. the bouncing blades DO NOT recieve the proc effect, but she makes decent use of the regen and damage it gives.

xSkeletalx

01-25-2010

Tiamat is great for clearing out a ton of minions. The question is, how often do you have a ton of minions in one place to kill? I don't see Tiamat being great against people, although the Twitch idea seems far too powerful. Though Twitch in general seems too powerful, but eh.

Grinningsphinx

01-25-2010

ive played with Tiamat on ALOT of toons and i can say that its only viable on twitch.... It just costs to much to be effective at the point where you can afford it.

There is some small case to be made on tristana, because of the interaction with explosive shot passive, but thats it.

PhoenixBomb

01-25-2010

Does its splash work with lifesteal?

Reason is, I've been using it on Sion a lot lately, but I can't seem to notice a difference. Then again, my health is fluctuating so much anyway while using my ult, it'd be hard to tell.

DocDemento

01-25-2010

Done Tiamat Shaco and after you get more then 1 you start doing some sick damage with you hallucination out. I've done 4 Tiamats and a Malady and would mow everything down.

starmonkey

01-25-2010

Tiamat on Kayle is nice cause it works with her Fury aoe spell.

Never tried a double tiamat... with some attack speed she'd clear lanes pretty fast.

Gamecmdr

01-25-2010

tiamat is **** on everyone.

...except ttwitch. if you start out with bead charm and a health pot, then go for boots 1 then finish tiamat, the regen isnt wasted, and it works well on twitch. on everyone else its awrful.

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

01-25-2010

Basically, look at it this way. It's a mid-game item- there are far better items to have in your slot, and if you want to invest in some splash damage/hp regen goodness, that's entirely practical early-mid game. It has potential to be useful, but unless a team is clumped up, the practicality of the item drops drastically. It's situational, just like the guinsoo's. I wouldn't keep it for lategame, but it would definitely help you farm up for the said lategame.