Explain why Tiamat is Bad!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holypope

01-25-2010

Seemingly every time I mention how awesome Tiamat is on Twitch as a team fight item, someone proclaims what a stupid item it is. No one ever explains why though.

Here's my thought:

Tiamat splashes for 33% of your attack damage.
Spray and Pray hits all targets, causing a splash in each one.
In a group fight, Spray and Pray Tiamat splashes overlap.
Even crazier, multiple tiamats = multiple splashes.

Even a single tiamat should offer more group DPS during a team fight than an infinity edge... and it costs 1/2 as much. If you ult and hit only 2 targets, they're splashing on each other, causing an extra 30% damage in both directions. That's HUGE, and it gets even better if minions/other enemies are around. I've checked. It works. Why the hate?

JigglyThePuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypope View Post
I've checked. It works. Why the hate?

It's bad on pretty much every character that's not twitch. That's about it.

Psi21

01-25-2010

The players that don't understand Tiamat Twitch are the same children that yell at the team or a particular player because they think they know better.

Had once a Cho proclaiming to all in game that it was stupid for gangplank to get magic penetration boots and Haunting Guise. That same Cho taunted his gangplank until the other team took the time in chat to explain the formula for parley.

Best thing you can do is literally ignore them rank in the kills and when they try to friend you tell them you don't enjoy playing with children.

Tiamat twitch is the best build for him and if the developers try it out you can probably expect it to get nerfed. One hero shouldn't do that much damage from his ult.

notliam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-25-2010

I read some guide / thread recently suggesting tiamat for Shaco. It makes sense, gives an attack boost and hp and mana regen, and getting splash damage on a backstab crits (from deceive) seems like a great boost. I definitely want to try it.

TrickyCat

01-25-2010

Tiamat adds a whole bunch of nothing for a price tag that isn't worth it. Yeah it's good on Twitch. But it's f*cking twitch.

Holypope

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyCat View Post
Tiamat adds a whole bunch of nothing for a price tag that isn't worth it. Yeah it's good on Twitch. But it's f*cking twitch.
but I'm talking about Twitch!

(and it seems okay on other champions that might get their burst/bonus damage to splash... but I haven't tried that)

Eviant

01-25-2010

Tiamat is useful, and with a character like Twitch, if they are close enough, yes it can cause a nice amount of additional damage. However, IMO it is best used for characters like Alistar who have an exceptionally hard time farming, or for the characters that rely on farming more than they rely on getting kills.

Zine

01-25-2010

Any build is good on twitch, damage, crit, cooldown, ap, mana, magic penetration...who cares, you're twitch.

The mana regen on Tiamat needs to be increased about 4x and I might think about using it.

TriggerSAD

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviant View Post
Tiamat is useful, and with a character like Twitch, if they are close enough, yes it can cause a nice amount of additional damage. However, IMO it is best used for characters like Alistar who have an exceptionally hard time farming, or for the characters that rely on farming more than they rely on getting kills.

Tiamat on alistar eh,

sheen is defiantly better though, have to be good with last hitting, but with sheen you dont really need any skill of last hitting.

Petriefied

01-25-2010

Would it work with sivir's bouncing blades?