*HOW-TO* Hack your hud (by editing the .gfx files)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phauxe

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrjin View Post
THANKYOU
No problem at all glad I could help.

Quote:
I'm not solid sure about if I'm right, but I think the target frame is supposed to be 1 pixel bigger/smaller. That's because including portrait you have there 5 hairlines, that are equivalent to 5 pixels. The margins on a frame compensate each other, while hairlines do not. So if I'm correct you should have odd width on that. As I said I may be wrong though
Bz I wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about this and appreciate the possible fix, I have not tried it yet simply because I want to get the whole UI skinned and working, then I will go back and bug fix things I will let you know if it works, thanks again ;]

Phauxe

06-05-2012

I am very excited to say that im about done with FoxeUI. The last couple things I need to do are the party/team frames and the nameplates(overhead healthbars). As soon as these things are complete I can release for testing. I was wondering if anyone could break down how the nameplates work. When I open the healthbars.tga there are:

1. 3 frames all colored, im assuming the green frame is friendly and the red frame is enemy while the silver frame is idk?, is this correct?

2. I also see directly below each frame is a white bar and a gray bar with what looks like a broken black border around it, are these the hp/mana bar colors, What is the broken black border thing?

3. off to the right of 2. are 3 more bars colored white, white, yellow. What are these? resource colors like when you have a shield/spell effect like malphs shield/hexdrinker?

4. directly below the 3 frames and hp/mana bar color is a dark bar with a dark border, the minion hp bg?

5. at the very bottom 2 sets of bars im assuming friendly/enemy full/half full hp fills for the minions.

Can someone correct me on this. One more thing I have made my nameplates already and they are slightly larger than the default ones where is the config to adjust the width/height of the UV for this.

I have installed my version and got it to work but there are some things off like the xp bar and level up graphix as well as the level being off centered, also the indicator when you have a shield up like lux's "w(prismatic barrier)" isnt visible. I posted 3 screenshots 1st is a explanation of my 1-5 above as well as a sided by side comparison of my .tga vs riots, the second is a shot of my default health bars with the xp and level up graphix and the 3rd is colorblind mode with a shot of lux's "w(prismatic barrier)". Help me if you can, thanks!

TheBziur

06-05-2012

1. Silver frame belongs to the player.
2. I think the bottom bar is in color of the bar when using up ability (the effect of decrasing mana, showing part of mana that's been used).
3. I can only help you guess, I'm not sure though. Pinkish one will be the "rage" or whatever it is that tryndmare is stacking up when fighting. The one above (white) is probably the mana bar that's colored depending on colorblind settings. (I guess since it's white) or it Might be armor for Mordekaiser. And the yellow one is simply a resource bar (shen's, kenen's AP)
4. and 5. yep these belongs to minions and neutral monsters (bigger one is for nashor I guess)

Additionally the lines to the left of the bar seems to be lines that split up the health bar.

About the rest I don't know much :<

Perb doesn't use experience effect on the bars and he seems to get rid of middle (3) bar completely. I'm not sure if that's connected but I believe so.

Also on the 3rd pic you attached the shield is visible in form of a short line.

Phauxe

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBziur View Post
1. Silver frame belongs to the player.
2. I think the bottom bar is in color of the bar when using up ability (the effect of decrasing mana, showing part of mana that's been used).
3. I can only help you guess, I'm not sure though. Pinkish one will be the "rage" or whatever it is that tryndmare is stacking up when fighting. The one above (white) is probably the mana bar that's colored depending on colorblind settings. (I guess since it's white) or it Might be armor for Mordekaiser. And the yellow one is simply a resource bar (shen's, kenen's AP)
4. and 5. yep these belongs to minions and neutral monsters (bigger one is for nashor I guess)

Additionally the lines to the left of the bar seems to be lines that split up the health bar.

About the rest I don't know much :<

Perb doesn't use experience effect on the bars and he seems to get rid of middle (3) bar completely. I'm not sure if that's connected but I believe so.

Also on the 3rd pic you attached the shield is visible in form of a short line.
Thanks for a quick reply. I spent some time working on this while waiting and can confirm pretty much everything your saying.

I figured out why the shield wasnt working and why the health bars were not working right. In the final .tga the placeholder for the health bars on #2. needs to be transparent as well as the place holder for the shield the middle bar on #3. If you look at the screenshot where we both thought the pink bar above the yellow bar was rage its not actually pink its transparent and the hp bar is as well.

I still need to either get rid of or fix the xp and level up effect, probably gonna ditch it. Thanks a ton ;]

TheBziur

06-06-2012

The Experience bar is found under Game/Data/Shaders/DX9_P1/HUD
These are PS_GAMEBAR_EXPERIENCE.ps_2_0_0.bin and PS_GAMEBAR_EXPERIENCE_GLOW.ps_2_0_0.bin
These however are binary files and I don't know a bit how to edit them.
Btw You could want to reskin surrender window too (it's graphic files are surrender_***.dds in game/data/menu)

Phauxe

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBziur View Post
The Experience bar is found under Game/Data/Shaders/DX9_P1/HUD
These are PS_GAMEBAR_EXPERIENCE.ps_2_0_0.bin and PS_GAMEBAR_EXPERIENCE_GLOW.ps_2_0_0.bin
These however are binary files and I don't know a bit how to edit them.
Btw You could want to reskin surrender window too (it's graphic files are surrender_***.dds in game/data/menu)
Awesome thanks I will check this out. Also I plan to reskin alot of windows just not for the first release, great idea though. Oh yeah also as far as the blurry items I had on the player frame I didnt edit the .ini but when I was scaling my ui up and down it fixed it.

TheBziur

06-06-2012

Yep. I noticed It's fixed. You're doing good job so far. Glad to be any help.

Phauxe

06-06-2012

Is it just me or is something wrong with the ulti indicators, they dont seem to show up for me on either map with the default ui or my ui. Any thoughts.

TheBziur

06-06-2012

Ulti indicators? Never seen them.

Perb

06-06-2012

Bots do not have ult indicators for some reason.