*HOW-TO* Hack your hud (by editing the .gfx files)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polka Dot Robot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2012

That was a 'fun' problem to solve. I'm guessing the error has something to do with the implicit bounds around each of the panels. The 'HudCenterSpells' group has an corner bound of ~(600x350) and it'll cause the same black bars instead of the proper UVs. I'm still not clear on where the UI panels are being initialized, so I'm not sure what actually causes it.

You can get around it though, by changing the Group in which the element is a part of. RealTimeOverlay is one of the groups which doesn't seem to be affected by the problem. You'll have to test to find which other ones aren't affected (the list of all the groups is in Scenes.ini). Do be careful about the layering and try not to use any of the layers in which there are actions (the level up bar and the titan bar both have movement).

EDIT: those dirty ninjas

TheBziur

05-30-2012

I have another question though about "enabled" attribute. Does setting something to enabled make it always visible or only initially visible?

Polka Dot Robot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2012

Basically, just the initial state. Some things are assumed to be turned on, so there isn't another call to enable them (UV's, stat text and bars, ability icons, etc) and they will stay disabled if set as such. Others will initially act as set, but change during gameplay (cooldown effects, buffs, level up buttons, etc). Once they're given an action, they'll revert to their correct toggle (you can see this if you enable the ability cooldowns, the dial will show until you use the ability for the first time).

Phauxe

05-30-2012

Okay I will play around with the groups. Just as a thought I wondered to myself if thos big black bars might have something to do with the big hud walls so I went into the HUDCenterWallNormal.ini and played around in there a little and the black bars moved. I couldnt get rid of them but thats because im a new at this stuff.

TheBziur

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phauxe View Post
Okay I will play around with the groups. Just as a thought I wondered to myself if thos big black bars might have something to do with the big hud walls so I went into the HUDCenterWallNormal.ini and played around in there a little and the black bars moved. I couldnt get rid of them but thats because im a new at this stuff.
Go into elementslistnormal.ini and remove hudcenterwallnormal.ini line to get rid the wall completely.
Also. you can just remove all of the elements you don't use from the ini files, so they don't render (remember to backup). You will add them later. That way I got rid of all the black bars on my screenshot:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5&d=1338191375

Phauxe

05-30-2012

I have done alot of trial and error. I have edited the groups and this worked for getting rid of the black bars behind the target and player frames, however when it came to moving the portrait and other components they all had black boxes when moved to far out of their orig homes. Also this method did not work for the ability bar (centerHud), I had to edit the .tga by keeping the orig space on the atlas even though it was much bigger, I just made the bg with a 1% fill and tricked it so the black bar is still there just invis and click through so it works fine. What to do with the other stuff? Is there a downside to having a ton of stuff on the r RealTimeOverlay, like lag? When I create a panel in in the HUDAtlas.tga how would I input the Rect. so that I get the correct width and height?

Edit: forgot to ask for some reason the first time I ever edited this stuff the ability bar spells in game are dimmed until you put your first point in and then they are nice and bright they arent doing that anymore you can barely tell the difference from the available skill and the one with no points in it.

TheBziur

05-31-2012

check out in your elementsmainlisting.ini if SpellX are bellow (have lower layer) than SpellOverlayX and SpellSheenX. If that's not it, check if HUDCenterSpells are bellow HUDCenterFX in your scenes.ini files.

About the performance. On REALLY slow computers it may matter, on most it will not. It should be a really minor performance issue.

Phauxe

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phauxe View Post
forgot to ask for some reason the first time I ever edited this stuff the ability bar spells in game are dimmed until you put your first point in and then they are nice and bright they arent doing that anymore you can barely tell the difference from the available skill and the one with no points in it.
[SOLVED] On the panel I made in the atlas I forgot to delete the button area anything there will act as an overlay. [SOLVED]

TheBziur

05-31-2012

Please post an update on leaguecraft! I'm curious of result

Phauxe

05-31-2012

Sorry I havent had a chance to reply but I have fixed the black background and did it without having to move them to another group. I made my frames slightly bigger and the black went away. Bz mentioned something similar to this. Thanks for the support guys. Anyhow I fixed it and here is an updated screen shot.