@Riot: Why do you ignore quality threads on the forums...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monad

02-14-2011

Quantity > Quality. At least it seems so.

Cymbid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2011

1. Your topic isn't as quality as you think it is, most of those 500 replies being just bumps.
2. Any skin they make probably nets more than $1000. That skin is nothing special compared to anything else they make.

Mattisthe1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojozhu View Post
Because responding to a sona skin request is a commitment.
No, it's not. They could say yes, or no, or we'll think about it. The only thing not replying is doing is frustrating a whole lot of people.

Callinectes

02-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymbid View Post
1. Your topic isn't as quality as you think it is, most of those 500 replies being just bumps.
2. Any skin they make probably nets more than $1000. That skin is nothing special compared to anything else they make.
1: More quality than half the stuff they respond to.
2: Got a point here. Well, except for Magnificent TF of course.

Mattisthe1

02-14-2011

Quote:
Any skin they make probably nets more than $1000. That skin is nothing special compared to anything else they make.
Yes, and this one is guaranteed to net $1000 dollars just based on the number of people that have replied to a single thread in the forums saying "I'll buy it." Let's not forget people that have upvoted, and people that don't even visit the forums (which I imagine is a fraction of the whole community).

Cymbid

02-14-2011

The example TC pointed out was a post by the Riot intern team. Do you think he has a say in the making of skins? Do you think any of the mods that post in GD do? I personally haven't really seen any skin designers posting in topics around here, especially meaningless the topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattisthe1 View Post
Yes, and this one is guaranteed to net $1000 dollars just based on the number of people that have replied to a single thread in the forums saying "I'll buy it." Let's not forget people that have upvoted, and people that don't even visit the forums (which I imagine is a fraction of the whole community).
But we don't even know how much an average skin makes. They could make 50k per skin for all we know, and 1k just seems like a drop in the bucket there. Any skin they make is pretty much as quality as the next.

Mattisthe1

02-14-2011

Quote:
The example TC pointed out was a post by the Riot intern team. Do you think he has a say in the making of skins? Do you think any of the mods that post in GD do? I personally haven't really seen any skin designers posting in topics around here, especially meaningless the topics.
But it's no secret that red post = more views. Also, chances are one of those interns will tell one of the designers. Aren't Phreak, Morello, and other non-interns frequent posters on the forums, anyways? Or, at least, frequent-ish

Garion

02-14-2011

upvotes=/= quality

Mattisthe1

02-14-2011

And Cymbid, if you have something new to say, post it in a new reply. Finding ninja edits is annoying >.>

Callinectes

02-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarionKaiser View Post
upvotes=/= quality
"Quality" is a meaningless attribute that cannot be absolutely and permanently measured. Popularity, by number of upvotes, can be measured. I.E, we can't measure how quality this (X) is in COOLUNITS, but we do know that it has 600 upvotes, which is a measure of popularity.