Fiddlesticks and Lichbane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meorah

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorxzer View Post
Opinions on this are welcome.

*Note
For Spells I Go With Ignite And Teleport
No Flash on fiddle = I'm gonna get at least 3 kills off that guy before i stop wasting time with diminishing returns gold/kill.

Go flash/exhaust or flash/smite or flash/ghost or flash/cleanse... or hell, flash/ignite.

Kinney

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstrike View Post
AP is never bad on any characters, it's just not quite the build many people think is the most effective for fiddles.

haunting guise->sorc/boots of speed->abysal->survivability is what I usually use, and it has so far been quite effective. With your passive (MR reduction), abyssals MR reduction
and the magic penetration from your items you will be getting most people down to around 0 magic resistance. So even without AP you still do a TON of damage.

From there I typically pick up a banshees veil and other misc survival items so that they other team can't CC and kill me instantly, allowing me to initiate fights and generally cause more havoc and get away scott free.

Sure AP stacking is great and will do much more damage, but it's also prone to the whole "hey theres a glass cannon fiddle lets stun him and kill him in 2 seconds" thing.
Hm. Yeah, I was thinking about experimenting with Rejuv Bead and Faerie Charm as starter items and then rushing Haunting Guise. I'll give it a try tonight.

Rorxzer

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by meorah View Post
No Flash on fiddle = I'm gonna get at least 3 kills off that guy before i stop wasting time with diminishing returns gold/kill.

Go flash/exhaust or flash/smite or flash/ghost or flash/cleanse... or hell, flash/ignite.
I plan on it when I'm level 12 as I think it would be better but for now Teleport is sufficient although after a few matches of playing with Ignite I have to say I though it would be better near the end when everyone has pimp gear but it's not so I'll be going back to using Smite.

exhaust, ghost, cleanse, personally don't like using them although I understand that they are all useful.

ctidesm

01-26-2010

It's ****ing fiddlesticks, get ****ing thornmail, warmogs, guard angel, merc threads, atmas, and force of nature if you want, his combo still wrecks teams.

Shatterlight

01-26-2010

People who claim Fiddlesticks is a nuker or a carry piss me off. I main Fiddlesticks, and I can tell you right now - nuker Fiddlesticks only works on ****ty, ****ty, ****ty teams with no CC whatsoever. He is best played as a support. He relies on the team, and if played right, they should rely on you as well.

Fear is three seconds you just pulled their carry out of the fight. Also, you have a potential of 22 seconds of Silence spread around the enemy team for a single spellcast. With that kind of disabling power, what on EARTH makes you think hes meant for nuking? His AP ratios are very good, sure, but Drain will be stunned off you in about 2-3 ticks. Crowstorm is fine damage even with a mediocre 200-300 AP, and will still **** up and scare the pants off the other team.

Play with a premade team and get into higher ranks, and you'll see. Even the weakest premades I have fought still know how to shut down a nuker Fiddle. Can he gank earlygame? Yes. Should he? Hell yes! Late game? Noooooooooooooo. You have better things to worry about, like making your huge-damage-but-little-CC Tristana get more kills.

ALSO, if you aren't even level 12 yet, you shouldn't assert opinions with any sort of confidence. Especially considering most low levels don't even seem to have done any premading yet. Pubstomper =/= pro Fiddlesticks.

PS Rorxer, Smite tends to only be used for a Junglestix, due to having no use against players. IMO, Smite if you jungle, Heal if you suck at laning, Exhaust if you are good enough to gank earlygame. Flash/Ghost in the other slot is a must. Flash is preferable to Ghost due to being 1. Instant and 2. Able to hop over obstacles.

Kinney

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khimaera View Post
People who claim Fiddlesticks is a nuker or a carry piss me off. I main Fiddlesticks, and I can tell you right now - nuker Fiddlesticks only works on ****ty, ****ty, ****ty teams with no CC whatsoever. He is best played as a support. He relies on the team, and if played right, they should rely on you as well.
Agreed. Fiddle is not a nuker. I do emphasize Dark Wind in my skill build, but that's only because early game it's ridiculously good for bossing a lane.

Shatterlight

01-26-2010

La Migra, agreed. I get Dark Wind at levels 1 and 3 for lane control purposes. The damage is the highest at level 1 of any skill I can think of, and the silence prevents counters. It also can net you a minion kill or two without even trying. Also, I start with a Doran's Ring + HP pot most games, so I can usually pop into another lane and either gank or turn it into an ally dominating, and Dark Wind can be spammed without running out of mana.

He is an earlygame ganking powerhouse, without a doubt. He is not a nuker. There is a difference, and people who play Fiddlesticks need to realize this more than anyone else.

DaBaier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

I disagree that Dark Wind is best skill for level one.

First off with life drain + improved rally you can solo golem, as long as you have at least 1 point into the extra experience talent, you will then be level 2 and have dark wind. Proceed to a lane to spam dark wind and drain. You won't die and you may just get a kill or two.

Life Drain at lvl 1, even if you aren't getting golem, is amazing. If you lane with someone running (improved) exhaust and who has a stun, an early kill is almost guaranteed. Hang out in your bushes, right on the edge. As they come in your partner exhaust's and attacks, while you hit drain (optional rally if you really want to secure the kill). The second the person realizes they're gonna screwed and try to run, partner stuns. This guarantees 5-6 seconds of life drain, but the few auto attacks from the partner. The first blood is always fun to have.

L?mb

01-27-2010

Fiddle is an amazing killer. I have tons of Quadra kills from crowstorm lol I just go 100% AP