Waambulance's Performance Tweaking Guide

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
I know this is offtopic, but are you related to Whambulance in any way?
Lol Shizz, stop rocking the boat...

Dracorya

01-25-2010

Will these changes hopefully stop the fps drops I've been experiencing? Or should I wait for that fix they are checking out in the test realm?

Chris Wierts

01-25-2010

I would be able to comment better if I knew what your PC specs are. Please post a DXdiag.

Dracorya

01-25-2010

Here you are. Been googling all over the place trying to fix this darn problem. Its been my explorer.exe that's been spiking according to my task manager. Cleaned out any malware that might have been causing it with SuperAntiSpyware and another program.

Thanks for the time.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

01-25-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Chris, I had to remove the League of Legends Tips from this page. The advice you gave will most likely improve performance, but some of the steps will result in a guaranteed reinstall if you do them:
-You can't change files in League of Legends/game/cfg/defaults without reinstalling when a patch hits
-You can't change most of the zip files in League of Legends/game without causing patching errors

I realize that if you do this carefully, it's really easy to revert to the old stuff for patching, but there's just too many people that won't be careful enough and it will end up creating a lot of confused players come patch day.

Sorry for being lame

Andrewsm

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
Chris, I had to remove the League of Legends Tips from this page. The advice you gave will most likely improve performance, but some of the steps will result in a guaranteed reinstall if you do them:
-You can't change files in League of Legends/game/cfg/defaults without reinstalling when a patch hits
-You can't change most of the zip files in League of Legends/game without causing patching errors

I realize that if you do this carefully, it's really easy to revert to the old stuff for patching, but there's just too many people that won't be careful enough and it will end up creating a lot of confused players come patch day.

Sorry for being lame
i always get ****ed over come patch day anyways so.. why D:

Chris Wierts

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
Here you are. Been googling all over the place trying to fix this darn problem. Its been my explorer.exe that's been spiking according to my task manager. Cleaned out any malware that might have been causing it with SuperAntiSpyware and another program.

Thanks for the time.

A lot of the video driver parts in the log are missing. Try reinstalling the latest forceware drivers.

Chris Wierts

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post

Sorry for being lame

Awwwww, it's alright. I've got no problem with my load times, I'm just trying to speed people up so I don't have to wait for them on the loading screen. Perhaps you could get the Software Engineers to make a new installer that uses 0% compression zip files? Sure, it'll add a few hundred MB to the total install size, but I'm sure we can all live with that.

Or better yet, get them to code the game to read from the hero/map files completely outside of an archive.

Dracorya

01-25-2010

Sorry, seems that dxdiag decided to skip all that information or something. This time had to tell it not to bypass the information. I went to NVIDIA's website to check my driver and it tells me I have the most current version.

Here's a repost of my dxdiag and hopefully it has everything.

Chris Wierts

01-25-2010

Since you're using Vista, have you tried disabling Windows Aero? Your Video Card only has 240MB dedicated Vram, it utilizes your System Ram if it needs to. And as everyone knows, Windows Vista is a resource hog.