Is the League becoming corrupt?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anvindr

02-15-2011

As far as Renekton goes, when they grabbed Nasus they actually ment to grab his brother. So when they said "They now have their chosen brother." It means that actually got him like they originally planned.

magicallypuzzled

02-15-2011

while the league definitely has some darkness too it what with pulling creatures from their worlds by force with out asking first. lets think about the intended affects of that summoning spell nasus was about to kill renekton. the spell would of grabbed renekton thus saving his life while at the same time removing the problem that was causing nasus to have to kill him in the first place. sure nasus might well have been shocked and perhaps nervious about what renekton disappearing in such a maner could lead too. but all in all spell as intended nets good things. thought the league doesn't seem to be crying rivers over grabbing both brothers. which leads to the question how is nasus's world fairing with out him?

BooDoo People

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

The only corruption I see occurring within the league is the collection of neutral, non-affiliated champions. If the purpose of the league is to settle disputes between the city-states and thus prevent war, then why gather or even allow champions to participate for themselves? It only serves to give the league itself more power, especially those from another world who specifically serve the league. Like Burt Jackson was saying, the league should only have as much power as the people give it. The league should not need to enforce it's own power, since if the city-states weren't cooperating, the league would accomplish nothing.

Sepik121

02-15-2011

I'm pretty much agreeing with SethCypher on this one. While the league may be "powerful", the city states hold a clear amount of power over it. Noxus invaded Ionia when the league was in place, and the League actually arbitrated the match shortly after it. While Noxus lost the next one, it was of their own free will that they even had the fight. The League had no say on whether or not Noxus wanted the fight. It couldn't make Noxus fight if they wanted to.

As for them not having a lot of power, while it's true they're not a city state, one must realize the amount of summoners and these are the people who destroyed the world in the first place basically. They do have some amount of might to them, but not enough to fight against a city-state like Noxus or Demacia.

Roivasorez

02-15-2011

That begs the question though, that if for some reason should the damage to Runeterra begin to fix itself then would the League still stand? I mean the whole point of the League and the Institute for that matter was to prevent the utter destruction of Runeterra. If the the world is fixed and under no threat from being torn apart again for a while would the League still be useful?

magicallypuzzled

02-15-2011

things can always go back to being bad if regulation stops so the league would always be needed or atleast that's what the league will say.

Kevindicator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-20-2011

I think the fact that the League is filled with powerful summoners without affiliation to any particular city-state keeps everyone in fear. To refuse a match that the League asked, that's seems well within the city-states power to do so. However, it seems if the League orders a mandate, all city-states within the League are obligated to follow. Noxus indeed foresaw this, and joined the "winning" side. This is why i'm interested in the Black Rose. The Black Rose, of which LeBlanc and Swain are part of, was the defining group in power behind the Noxian throne. When that fell, they "disappeared". Now the Black Rose is vying to become the power behind the next global superpower, the League. I'm still unsure of the conversation with Swain and the High Councilor Vessaria. It seems the Swain knows Vessaria, and they have some background. Considering Swain's background, it's difficult to say whether or not the Black Rose hasn't already infiltrated the League.