Anivia's Spells Un-spellshieldable????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XFilter

08-16-2009

For some reason anvia's spells are not blocked by spell shields.....
I am assuming this is because it's being counted as a physical dmg or something like
that but anivia is definitely a caster and it is in my opinion that her spells should be blocked
when a player boosts, or in Sivir's case uses her spell shield(though I only can confirm that boost does not stop avivia's spells).

-XFilter

Midnight

08-16-2009

I dont think her 'Q' and Ult should be blocked but the 'E' probably should.

Kira

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFilter View Post
For some reason anvia's spells are not blocked by spell shields.....
I am assuming this is because it's being counted as a physical dmg or something like
that but anivia is definitely a caster and it is in my opinion that her spells should be blocked
when a player boosts, or in Sivir's case uses her spell shield(though I only can confirm that boost does not stop avivia's spells).

-XFilter
its because most of anivia's spells are not targetted to a specific unit. Frostbite will be blocked by spellshields. The rest wont.

XFilter

08-17-2009

It shouldn't matter if it is targeted or not, because skillshots like Morgana's immobilize and Ashe's Ult, are spell-shieldable... but Anivia is just chillin with spells that you can't block at all.

Akosh Peremy

Adjudicator

08-17-2009

Fix is coming.

Logo

08-17-2009

Well it wouldn't be the targeting or lack thereof. It's the fact that they're AoE.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post
Frostbite will be blocked by spellshields. The rest wont.
Untrue. Frostbite goes right through shields right now. By the nature of spell shields, it should be the only one blocked, though.

Logo

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Frank View Post
Untrue. Frostbite goes right through shields right now. By the nature of spell shields, it should be the only one blocked, though.
Does frostbite go through shields only on double damage or will it go through even if the target isn't chilled.

Also if it DOES go through on a frozen target do they take the proper 2x damage?

I wouldn't be surprised if the bug was due to the way that it gets the 2x boost from frozen targets.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logo View Post
Does frostbite go through shields only on double damage or will it go through even if the target isn't chilled.

Also if it DOES go through on a frozen target do they take the proper 2x damage?

I wouldn't be surprised if the bug was due to the way that it gets the 2x boost from frozen targets.
Good point. I never tested that, but it always seemed to do full damage whenever I used it. I'd test it right now if I wasn't at work.