Cassiopeia, the Bug's Embrace

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

4death4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

02-13-2011

Riot, there's enough proof here I think... we just need to know wtf is up. There could be a lot more but it's just getting to be repetitive. If you don't wanna fix her because of lack in sales, that defeats the purpose of having a free game, does it not?
I bought for her skin, not just because I loved the champion but because I loved the art. There are people who buy skins to support artists and the game, maybe introduce a New skin(I think Annie and Amumu have enough now 5-6 each, you can't spoil them and forgot the rest).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzball View Post
Make it really cast instantly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4death4 View Post
I agree, how do you justify silencing/ stunning the eyes... gazing into your soul stunning you. That would be blind you dummies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumpor View Post
When I ult group of opponents who have their backs turned to (at?) me, some get stunned and some walk away like nothing happened, sometimes they are not even damaged.

Also, her ult has that split-second cast time, it is really annoying. Riot should put that cast time in tooltip or remove it or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylumseeker View Post
I get angry playing her, but not because she needs a buff. Just because her ult just keeps not working for me. People keep running through it and its getting annoying now..
For instance im taking out a turret. Nunu comes to gank me. I run into the bush and as hes getting close i ult him so i can easily escape while hes stunned. Nope he wanders through it uneffected and uses his ball on me to slow me and ends up killing me.. That sort of thing happens a lot. Also team fights its seeming to hit only 3 out of 5 at times. Or 2 people running towards us and only 1 gets stunned. From my experience it generally seems to be if someone does an ability at the time you do the ult it doesnt effect them. To me that is really bugged.
Quote:
I loved Cass when she first came out because it was a new style, and the synergy with Singed and Teemo is very very cool.

One thing concerns me via past games before and after patch, she seems to have bugs... not sure if I am the only one experiencing her hugely delayed stun time, but I have been repeatedly attacked after stunning targets(they were concrete statues). I may just be getting attacked by delayed attacks from champions or I have bugs and experience delay in my fps.
Quote:
They may've fixed it, I'm not too sure. I just played a game with her and the only bugs I had this time was her ult wouldn't go off when it was cast... in fact I was standing there lookin' like a fool, trying to cast it, or the CD time was shown as reset when it wasn't.

It's stuff like this that makes me not want to play her right now, it's easily missed seeing how there is very few people who play her, even fewer that notice the little things like this.
Quote:
I also noticed there is a huge delay, I ulted on Warwick... he ran through me but was damaged and slowed... I thought the ult had missed.
Quote:
Riot please fix my Cass... Before these buggy defects I had a 63% win ratio out of 21 games(ranked), they seem to have just appeared out of nowhere from her buff last patch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyKlok View Post
Please RIOT fix this. I just played mid with Ryze and the first time i casted my ulti he was snared and had the stone skin on him but he could still cast. He even admitted that he was frozen, but was not stunned.

Please for the love of God fix her ulti it is just a side-note on her. There is just nothing worth remembering about it, damage is weak, range is terrible, you have a 40/60 chance on stunning them and thats all assuming that it doesn't just bug up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st HanarSpectre View Post
Her ult is buggy and a really bad design decision in the first place.
+1 for Riot awereness.

Also note, that the delay sometimes saves your life, I had a game against a malzahar where I would ult at the same time he did, I'd get suppressed for a split second then he'd get stoned and lose his ult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTECT MY BALLS View Post
I've personally never been stunned by her ult. Not sure what the circumstances are, but I can think of at least 3 occasions where she ulted my team, and we all just keep going as if nothing happened. Not sure if we took damage or not (I usually play tanks, so i wouldn't have felt the damage anyway), but the slow/stun definately did not take effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis627 View Post
I say remove the slow altogether and make it consistent.
but that'd make her too good because then she'd have an ultimate just like every other hero that isn't Sion
Quote:
I'm actually in HoN game right now, playing... posting here, waiting to play LoL once again.

In other words, I'm striking to get Cass fixed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonicTrashcan View Post
Bumping for justice, multiple times I've chased down a helpless Cass who ulted me while I faced her and just kept on going. Not sure if the conditions were off but I should've been at least slowed or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintedFrozenSou View Post
She is very fun and takes ALOT of skill to play but her ultimate is frustrating if you try to use it then move right away it dosent stun or slow and its on CD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resimaniac View Post
her Q can be stonger than her R with much AP -.-
Q (0.9)
R (0.55)

4death4: I gotta say, this is just unreasonable. Highest DoT ratio in game, obviously a forgotten champion that's gone unedited for a while now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrchid View Post
true but Q is a DoT. Ult is instant.

I am guessing she is a character design outside of her Ult and suppose to be used for defensive purposes. They do need to fix the buggy Ult tho. The rank it hits is inconsistent.

The thing is, I am starting to use the Ult for offensive purposes on some champs. Damage or slow helps her out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My bear Tibbers View Post
I'm probably going to get downvotes for this, but after playing her a while, I've gotten to the point where I can ult and have it hit who I want. I'm getting 3-4 people in teamfights, and it's really helping my team out. I dunno if I'm just getting lucky, or if I've practiced her enough where I can actually use the ult effectively.

Once again, this is just my experiences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticErf View Post
I used it once on a Renekton doing his little charge at me, and it missed.

Although I suspect it missed due to the cone on influence being so tight. Also, it may have a shorter range than you expect.

When hit champions or minions in the middle of the overlay cone, it's works every time. Granted, I haven't used her much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marumoxkuro View Post
Played her when she was free, then I got bored of conveniently missing my ult every time. After reading this thread I've confirmed I don;t have to blame it on my own suck this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
I never encountered those bugs with Cass's ult. The actual ult range does seem noticeably shorter than the cone shows though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth19 View Post
strange i was chasing a cass and i caught her but she used her ult and absolutely nothing happened she put "wtf" after i was just thinking i was lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus9 View Post
She is one of my favorite picks, and for the most part her ult works just fine for me. There are occasions, probably due to lag, where it doesn't register people facing me, but it doesn't prevent her from tearing people apart. She is severely underrated right now, only buff I would ask for is making w bigger, and/or more deadly. Her ult is never going to be perfect, that's the nature of lag.

4death4: not highlighting here because I have proof it's not always due to lag, if ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malduk View Post
I can only repeat what others have said. I actually thought I have to stand still for the whole duration of animation to get a stun, but even then, not everyone in the cone, looking to cut me into pieces would get stunned.
Also, a guy wrote how ulti affects only 3 out of 5 champs... I also experienced that when I ulti into grouped opponents (cant say it happens all the time, as its hard to actually notice it).

Anyway, I dont regret buying her, she's tons of fun to play, even though I do feel she's on the weak side. Simply damage over time is inferior to burst damage, even if you do more damage overall. And skillshots are inferior to point and click abilities as you just cant get 100% of your damage, no matter how good you are.
Stun from her ult would help with both issues, but yeah... seems like RNG decides if the stun will go off or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompin View Post
It's happend to me several times when people would be in my range and cone and the Ulti only resulted in a snare and then I proceed to die.
Quote:
I will quit LoL... If you think I'm bluffing, you'll be in for a surprise... I have the will of ten thousand men, because I can quit playing WoW after 4 year addiction and quit smoking cigarettes(12 year addiction) at the same time.
And now the song, If you're gone- Rob Thomas is playing... I'm not stupid guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
cass ult will never get fixed because no one bought cass literally, just take a look at caitlyn n renekhton so many people bought them that they have gotten many bug fixes and minor buffs yet cass just goes ignored

4death4: If the above is true(praying it isn't), does this mean she has no hope? If so...
Congratulations, you just lost a customer. I spent money on her Siren skin and bought her with IP. I will not be referring anyone or even making 'positive' comments to/ on riot/ LoL. How ironic, Sad but True - Metallica is on the radio as I post this.
Quote:
I know what's going on here, they know I have no skill with anyone else so they're gonna completely destroy my chances at $35 000.

I don't know what riot has to say but they need to do something, here is the proof of her buggy ult... No idea how to re-code this, a slight hint might be her box getting in the way. But I'm not alone and will continue searching for future bug posts. I used to enjoy Cass, now she's just a bug please fix I'll do whatever you want. When she first came out I bought her right away and played many games, a lot of people said that I was the only decent Cass they had ever seen. I fell in love with her almost instantly, her play style was perfect for me... she gave me goosebumps when I started doing well with her.(slight sense of euphoria or fear usually causes this, in most people) She is my heroin and I've waited patiently(more than a few months), and I'm starting to get withdrawals. I'm not the only one beginning to make threads either, This guy says almost the exact same thing.

This might be the problem, that I just randomly stumbled on... previous suspicion but no real image of the problem. I said " The cone is too narrow" but what I meant was "The cone has too narrow of a base and it's too close" Meaning a large portion of her ult is being wasted, causing directional bugs.
Quote:
Is that it, I thought so... there's really no other reason for someone to be able to run through her ult...

The cone is too narrow and I would assume a large portion is wasted inside her box(not meaning for this to be sexual at all, even though we are talking about the most sexually explicitly speaking champion lol.)

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

02-14-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I think this is probably posted in the wrong forum, I'd move it to 'Bug Reports.'

Thanks!

8ig 8D

02-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
I think this is probably posted in the wrong forum, I'd move it to 'Bug Reports.'

Thanks!
It's being downvoted into obvlivion, by myself thank you red... I posted in many other forums and this is the first red... I hope it's been noticed and considered to be fix.

4death4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

02-14-2011

I'm just going to leave this one, red posts are rare(for me anyway).

4death4

Senior Recruiter

02-14-2011

Go ahead and downvote it, I believe she is being investigated.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

02-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post

Thanks!
The OP just wants attention, he posted this everywhere... including the Lore Boards...

4death4

Senior Recruiter

02-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
The OP just wants attention, he posted this everywhere... including the Lore Boards...
Yes, I do want attention. No, not because I'm an 'attention wh*re', because I have been patiently waiting since she came out, for her to get fixed... since it's been more than a few months, I decided to take action. I felt I had enough evidence to prove her bugs, I also suggested possible problems that could cause them, or at least one of them(still clueless why one person said she "walked right through a wall, not flash, not ghost, not tele, walked.")
These may not be Cassiopeia bugs, they could be other champions causing strange things to happen, which haven't been noticed due to lack in sales/ players.

Khattamshud

03-12-2011

I've played cass and honestly never noticed anything wrong with her. No, her ult didn't stun very often but I figured I was just BAD or they had BANSHEE'S VEILS.

This kinda reminds me of tryndomere's *****ing about their "ult not popping." How about not trying to ult when you're already at 1 hp and MAYBE it'll fire off properly. There ARE nuke players in the game, ya know.

/off topic
I hate when something's so incredibly stupid that I have to use my shift key.