Interesting lore found easier!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Makabed

02-13-2011

For those of us that have played World of Warcraft or Warcraft 3 you pretty much know the basics of lore in just by palying those 2 games. I feel like i know more about the game the when i play those games. Me, i personally LOVE League of Legends. Ive dropped WoW and Warcraft 3 for the past few years and picked up LoL and its awesome. But i think they should find a way to incorporate lore into the common gamer more. With WoW every common gamer knows the basics; Grom is Thralls brother, the Scourge is evil, Arthas sacrificed himself to save his people. Yes the common gamed of LoL knows that its a league that heroes from different worlds come to compete. Im not even sure if thats correct haha. Im just suggesting LoL finds a way to include lore into the everyday game a bit more. Ive thought about this and understand it may be very difficult to achieve. But with an interesting lore story and an easy way for players to read it without huge walls of text would be an amazing bonus to the game. yes i understand there is a lore story for every character in description but its just not that appealing. Make it so its more appealing, interesting, and the casual gamer knows more about lore. Again this game is amazing, i go as far to say that its better than WoW. If WoW can find a way to include its very interesting lore, so can you. Please let me here what you have to say fellow legends. Just a suggestion. Love LoL. New map soon please=)
-Makabed ps: Warning! Wall of text and bad spelling =) yea you can tell i havent read much lore just by reading this page, just trying to make a suggestion to the creators

Runaan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2011

Quote:
Grom is Thralls brother
Not sure if serious!

In any case: incorporating the lore directly into the game of League is a difficult challenge. The primary focus of the game is arena-style PVP, which is likely the closest comparison you can make to WoW. Imagine trying to convey all of WoW's lore through arenas! WoW has plenty of other methods of communicating lore and narrative to a player (quests, cutscenes, comics and books). In the actual game as it stands now, League has limited methods of accomplishing this (and at the moment it's really only accomplished by the characters--their dialogue, their abilities, etc.) This is why we see a lot of the lore primarily conveyed through text (JoJ, champion bios, judgments), but there's other methods out there. The Noxus vs. Ionia match comes to mind as a recent example.

It's an evolving process and I'm excited to see how Riot handles the incorporation of lore into this game, but it's really a lot more complicated than it would be for a game like WoW.

Makabed

02-13-2011

Yea i agree i tried to say that in my original post cause i was thinking exactly that throughout writing it just didnt want it to be an even bigger wall off text just tried to simplify it into yea this will be difficult ,i too am wondering how they might acomplish this, oo maybe they could start to implent some sort of quest system into games hmm maybe get 5 kills sort of like a contract system like in Black Ops and include lore into those through summaries of the quest?

Dracorya

02-13-2011

It would be pretty difficult to try to incorporate so much lore into essentially what is a, as Runaan already mentioned, pvp based game.

Kudos to Riot to being able to do what they have done already! I think they just need a little more time under their belt to do more. Who knows, perhaps in the future we may get an MMORPG or some form of single player game that will do more with the lore. Its on the table!