Ask a player who just made it to the semifinals of NESL (And got stomped) anything.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phatshady912

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvination View Post
Can you explain the high level Taric play? Having only watched quadrakill this weekend and the clg/solomid stream tonight, every team seems like theyd be better off with...something else. So are the people i've seen playing taric just not very experienced with him? Or is it really worth it for a team to have a lvl 8 taric running around 25 minutes into the game with no items and his ult on?

I get that his heal/stun/ult are very good, but due to current meta, he's not allowed to farm, and seems to give up his lane presence for more solo exp. This means that in team fights at the 20-30 minute mark, he is operating with very gimped lvls on his skills.
I can't. I'm not a fan or Taric and because of my very vocal opinions on him our team only played him once in the scrim night and qualifier combined (something like 7-8 games). I feel like the only time you would want Taric are when Janna, Zilean, and even Lux are unavailable. And even then I'd probably go double tank, or a caster with a good CC instead bottom. I'm told I underrate Taric though, so idk.

Phatshady912

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalicious View Post
Why did you try to play Singed vs Ashe, Nunu and Anivia >_<
The thought was to force them to chase us down every fight, not for me to initiate. If anything I wanted to drop Goo and run away with poison on as much as possible. That is why we played Ez and Kass both with cleanse. Combined with Trundle wall, Lux slow + snare, Singed goo + poison, Ezreal Q/E and Kass Q/E/R we wanted to make their initiation on us complete hell and kite them around the map.

We never got to see how this will work, because realistically the game ended when Kass got zoned too hard by Bird top, and I fed the enemy bottom early.

Phatshady912

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees View Post
no offense to you guys, but goose not showing up made your bracket a bit of a joke.
It is offensive! and team teams we played in our 3 games before solo mid all had 1600-2000 rated players.

Anyways finally heading to sleep, hopefully there will be more questions for me to answer in the morning, but I doubt it Keep the thread alive!

Quarkd

02-14-2011

What effect do you think organized, competitive play has on choice of summoner skills? You mentioned the use of cleanse above, so that made me wonder if teams are going to try more uncommon uses/choices of those skills. For the NA people, solo queue has gotten us used to the 5x ghost/flash combos, unlike EU.

Also, do you see any top team ever using fortify? What about Rally?

Diomedea

02-14-2011

Did you blame your team for your deaths like every low Elo player would?

leedu708

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2011

As someone who played in the semi's against CLG (roaming HS taric made me sadface), there are a few key things that CLG did that should be noted.

1. Their pregame is impeccable. They banned what they didn't want to play against (zil, shaco, rammus) and chose champions based on this comp:

Solo Top: AP Carry -- jiji on Kass
Solo Mid: AD Carry -- Chauster on Ashe
Farm Independent Roamer + Strong Farming Solo Bot: HS on Taric + Elementz on Sion
Jungle: Kobe on Nunu

Our comp was:
Xpecial as Kennen top
Neverlike as Corki mid
Itzkill as Alistar (roamer) bot
Ralk as Gragas bot
Me as Olaf in the jungle

Comp-wise, we thought we planned our pregame well. Corki should beat ashe mid, kennen should zone kass early, alistar is a really strong roamer, gragas is a really strong laner, and olaf will just blast through all their cc mid to late game. However, there were very specific things that CLG planned out that countered us in practically every lane. These elements were so specific it would be hard to tell without really looking through their setups. For example, rune setup on Chauster's Ashe. We didn't really check them specifically, but we were sure, after like 3 minutes, that he was running flat MR runes vs. Corki which severely weakens Corki's phosphorus bomb harass. Simple things like this, allowed CLG to play exactly what they needed to counter us.

2. Their control of the map is really (too) strong. Kobe invaded my jungle by taking my red. They forced me out of my wolf camp without taking it (4-5 of them were there with me by myself). So I started at little golems/wraiths. Using clairvoyance, they noted when I was on the blue side of my jungle. So I asked my teammates to scout for me while I took blue which accelerates my jungle. By this time, Kobe already had blue and invaded my red and repeatedly harassed top at level 2. He was unsuccessful and relatively behind as a result. But this was about the time when HS had enough gold for an early oracle and boots destroying our map control and roaming like no other. This roaming aspect is something our team acknowledges is a skill we lack. Once they got that early control, the game just snowballed out of control.

There are probably a lot more intricacies to CLG's play that we're missing, but these are the biggest factors that we believe lost us the game.

roninsm

02-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkd View Post
What effect do you think organized, competitive play has on choice of summoner skills? You mentioned the use of cleanse above, so that made me wonder if teams are going to try more uncommon uses/choices of those skills. For the NA people, solo queue has gotten us used to the 5x ghost/flash combos, unlike EU.

Also, do you see any top team ever using fortify? What about Rally?
My experience has been that flash/ghost become less important for certain heros. It's absolutely critical to have a CV and at least 1-2 exhaust/ignites depending on the enemy team. They're also extremely useful for lvl1 teamfights that can instantly lose you the game.

I haven't seen rally or fort yet, although fort could possibly see some use if you let someone pick TF/Shen or something.

Louislsh

02-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
My experience has been that flash/ghost become less important for certain heros. It's absolutely critical to have a CV and at least 1-2 exhaust/ignites depending on the enemy team. They're also extremely useful for lvl1 teamfights that can instantly lose you the game.

I haven't seen rally or fort yet, although fort could possibly see some use if you let someone pick TF/Shen or something.
CLG didnt have CV on their game agasint Solomid yesterday and it was a fast gg.

roninsm

02-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louislsh View Post
CLG didnt have CV on their game agasint Solomid yesterday and it was a fast gg.
Interesting. I guess it's possible to play without it, it's just a pain not having the maphacks at lvl1. After lvl3-4 you can make up for it if you ward well.

What summoners did they run?

Phatshady912

02-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrild View Post
Did you blame your team for your deaths like every low Elo player would?
It was obviously my teammates fault that I tanked 12 minions bottom to give first blood like a true genius. WHY TEAM NO HALP MEH!?