[open RP] Thieves guild

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GregoryChaucer

02-13-2011

(my character http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/356)

Setting: An old shack in a completely unassuming valley among the Great Barrier mountains.

Red steps into the old shack and pushes a few crates in the corner to the side. A small pressure pad on the floor causes the back wall to shift and a new room is revealed. Anyone who wasn't in the know about the rooms secret would see countless unguarded treasures, gold, and enough precious stones to make Taric faint, but touch the wrong piece and there was no going back. Red reached into a cubby and pressed a small wooden idol into a slot behind it and waited as a door opened off to the side of the shack.

Red steeled himself as he entered the room and, like always the smell of spirits slammed into him and he was forced to rub his eyes. The bar looked like any other, with a few men and women seated around old tables and a message board on the back.

"Welcome to the Thieves guild, can i see your badge?" shouted the yordle behind the bar.

Red flashed his identification badge, shockingly similar to a sheriffs badge with an alias inscribed beneath it and seated himself at the bar.

"What kind of work you got today" he asked the yordle who just laughed and pointed at the message board in the back.

"Get your lazy ass off that stool and go look for yourself!"

((edited: should we leave the guild and you wish to join in you may write yourself in as a random encounter, this way even lawful or good characters might participate.))

Rafeo

02-13-2011

((Nice idea. I regret to inform You that I have no characters that can work this joint. I hope it works.))

GregoryChaucer

02-14-2011

Red sighed and walked his way over to the back of the room and looked at the posts. There were a few petty crimes posted, things like collecting from the corrupt tax collectors, stealing another inventors work, and even freeing a captured minotaur, but these weren't what he was looking for. Red scanned a little longer and found a few more interesting ones, these two jobs promised excitement, difficulty and danger.

The first job, looked relatively straightforeward; a techmaturgical rival of Heimerdinger, the famed inventor and champion of the league of legends wanted someone to break into Heimer's lab and copy any possible research that could be found. This seems easy enough, until one remembers that not only does heimerdinger have an incredibly advanced security system, but piltover is under the jurisdiction of that crazy sheriff Caitlyn, who has recieved even better funding since she joined heimer in the league. So, that job looked like it would have to wait a lttle longer for a better opportunity.

The second job however promised to be a blast. Pirate Lord Gangplank had stolen a rare handgun from a museum vessal and the proprietors were willing to pay big if someone could liberate their property. Red always enjoyed messing with the pirates, and Gangplank remembered far less about him than he remembered about Gangplank.

Red turned to the denizens of the bar and, with a smile, asked, "Anyone wanna be a pirate?"

ihatepeace22

02-14-2011

((Are we allowed to mention other RP threads? If not, I will remove the reference.))

Viktor could be heard muttering under his breath as he approached a dingy old shack located in the middle of god-knows-where. He had had just about enough "adventuring" for one day. The wanderlust sparked by the mysterious scrap of paper he had found on the chair back at the rusty blade tavern had fast worn off during the first day or so of his travels, but he nonetheless felt an urge to continue to follow the instructions on the paper. The urge hadn't stayed his irritability, however.

'This is it?' Viktor thought to himself as he continued towards the shack. 'If this is an adventure, I don't see what all the fuss is about...' However, as soon as he opened the door, his worries were slightly allayed. Before him laid crates, exactly how the note described. He noticed that someone had already activated the pressure pad mentioned. He advanced to the room full of treasure, where he almost took the risk of taking just one piece, but the note was very specific and detailed about how the room took care of those who were unaware.

He looked at the walls for the small space that, when occupied by a certain wooden idol, would unlock the door to this "Thieves Guild" and groped for the idol in his pocket for a few moments before triumphantly taking it out and placing it squarely behind the space. A door opened to another hidden room, and, learned from experience, Viktor decided to sit down at one of the tables there, to wait and listen, but mostly to learn.

((Sorry if I don't participate, but for now I want to practice my RPing before getting into an actual adventure. Me being a first-timer and all.))

NecroticBinder

02-14-2011

((Sorry greg if this makes you mad but Ihatepeace, I would check out the hero academy thread, its meant for new chars and new RPers.))

GregoryChaucer

02-14-2011

(( I mean, i can't really do anything with this until someone actually decides to interact... sooo))

Naiaki

02-14-2011

(( cue interaction ... http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/82 ))

Having just completed a relatively simple though exciting job in Freljord for a frequent benefactor, Naiaki found that it was time to visit the Thieves Guild. She did not venture to the dingy bar to search for a new job since dull ventures did not suit her, though at times she found a posting that would strike her interest or a client worth drawing a contract up with. Her main reason for calling at the Thieves Guild was to meet with a particular gentleman.

-------

Naiaki sat a table with a conservative looking middle-aged man working out the details of splitting her latest reward. The man was a banker for the Thieves Guild, a necessary position for those who would rather not use respectable institutions, and as was customary for some one keeping safe a thief's money, he wanted a nice sum for his efforts. The two quickly came to a conclusion having worked together for some time. Naiaki liked this man - he mostly kept to himself, but he always got her the best bargains when she needed to sell stolen goods or buy some particular item - and he did not try to swindle her out of her hard earned money, though she did pay him handsomely as his job called for.

Having completed their dealings, Naiaki toasted her success on her latest trip. After the man left to safely deposit her money, she considered having another drink before heading out. She did not have another job lined up, but she did not like to stay in one place for too long and the Thieves Guild was not a pleasant place to while away one's time. Her contemplations were broken by a man asking for a pirate. She glanced up and realized that he was referring to one of the postings that she had noticed earlier. The man obviously had a plan for a group to fetch the stolen handgun. Naiaki was not one to work with others - why split earnings when you can have them all to yourself - but she did enjoy acquiring items from League champions.

"A pirate you say? How about you buy me a drink and tell me what you have in mind?"

Why not hear out this man's plan at least - she did not have anywhere to be at the moment.

GregoryChaucer

02-14-2011

Red laughed and threw a coin at the bartender who then threw a tiny cask back. These sealed casks were quite popular in the guild and helped keep the floor clean while adding a special flavor to the ale.

"So basically, this employer is not only willing to pay quite a large sum for this unique handgun," he began, setting the ale down on the table infront of the pixie, "But is also willing to trade one item of the contract bidders choice. It just so happens that he has a vvery nice hat that I would quite like to get my hands on. This said, I have no need for the actual money involved in the reward and am more than willing to part with it."

Red decided to wait until he had negotiated a deal to explain his plan, but all he needed was 3 to 4 people and the pistol was as good as stolen.

KienDuong

02-14-2011

Having recently stolen 3 burgers, an entire set of silverware, and a couch, Black****a decided to report back to the thieves guild, lest his earnings (especially his couch) get ****ed.

Black****a sighed. The residents of the unnamed town he had gained so much from hadn't taken kindly to his thieving, and had donned white robes and chased him out of the town limits, with pitchforks and torches, no less. He was glad he hadn't met their leader. Apparently the mayor of their town was a Grand Wizard, and while he wasn't sure where the man had garnered his rank from, the title sounded rather imposing.

"Da **** is dis ****?"

Black****a looked around a small shack. Apparently the latest thieves guild HQ was in crappy shape.

"Why couldn' it be in da club like last time? Dayum."

He started kicking all the items in the room around until he located a small pressure pad. He stepped on it.

"WHOA-LY ****! GOLD AN SILVER! I CAN BUY A WHOLE BAG 'A CHEESEBURGERS WIT DIS ****!"

Black****a reached out and grabbed a handful of coins, and began to shudder in pain.

"AHHH ****! ARE THESE ENCHANTED?! I KNEW IT WAS TOO EAS-".

Black****a died.

The End.

GregoryChaucer

02-15-2011

((i can't bring myself to hate the trolling its too funny))