morgana's dark binding

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dakisarak

08-16-2009

I am not sure if this is a bug but I will post it anyway.

I played morgana a bit today and two times I landed a dark binding on a player and it went through them and did nothing. Neither of the players had boost or any time of spell shield. One time was early game when a judicator was running towards me and I shot a dark binding and it went right through her and hit nothing. The other time was when an amumu bandaged me as I shot a shackle at him and he pulled towards me and my shackle just went through him and hit nothing. The second one might not be a bug but I thought I would mention it

Stormay

08-17-2009

Welcome to my world, and there are times where it doesnt just cost you a kill, but the entire game. AKA, when a tristana who hasnt even been fed but still hits for like 1000 crits every .2 seconds is about to die and it bugs out. Id be happy with just a trist nerf and the bug not being fixed tbh.

Mistikman

Adjudicator

08-17-2009

It's a common problem, and Riot is currently working hard on fixing it so that what you see is actually what you get. Currently what you see may not even be close to reality. The positive though is that for every time that you have a dark binding go right through an enemy hero, you will have one that you clearly missed that will connect anyways.

Stormay

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistikman View Post
It's a common problem, and Riot is currently working hard on fixing it so that what you see is actually what you get. Currently what you see may not even be close to reality. The positive though is that for every time that you have a dark binding go right through an enemy hero, you will have one that you clearly missed that will connect anyways.
Then is it a lag issue? Because Ive never seen a dark binding that clearly missed, connect. Ive only seen ones that obviously hit them hit them, or bug out and go through. I HAVE however seen ashes ult zoom half a screen away from a teammate and it acted as if it hit them. Im obviously very biased as I only play morgana, but I really have never seen what should have been a miss actually hit. At least on 'my' screen.

Lollerman

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormay View Post
Then is it a lag issue? Because Ive never seen a dark binding that clearly missed, connect. Ive only seen ones that obviously hit them hit them, or bug out and go through. I HAVE however seen ashes ult zoom half a screen away from a teammate and it acted as if it hit them. Im obviously very biased as I only play morgana, but I really have never seen what should have been a miss actually hit. At least on 'my' screen.
That's actually the issue: on your screen it's "normal" but they get a distorted view of it if you're firing from out of their line of sight/out of fog of war. This is especially the case when you're firing a shackle from the forest where they can't see anything. Players won't even move to dodge you since in their point of view, the skill shot isn't going to hit them, but then it does.

Sagas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-17-2009

Quote:

a-freaking-men.

Dakisarak

08-17-2009

Quote:
I have never actually seen this happen. It is possible that a few of my blind shots (shooting at heroes that are running from me through grass and I can not see them anymore) were like this but otherwise I've never had an obvious miss connect

it is good to know this is a known bug though I was just posting to be sure

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-17-2009

Mistikman hit the nail on the head.

Funny example of this...my friend was saying how he was zooming down the center lane with Singed at like 544 speed, and when I looked, he was crawling at 315 or so, but 3 seconds later, he just appeared half way across the lane. Lag does funny things.