Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

how does twisted fate PoC work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xzymethx

02-13-2011

when you press w, is the first card you get randomly chosen or what?

Dai Tensai

02-13-2011

When you first press it it starts changing cards over your head, cycling through red. yellow, and blue, though I forget the order. When you press it again the card currently up is fixed, and it is used on your next attack. There's a limited time to both the cycling and post selection, wait too long and it fizzles.

Bringbackpluto

Recruiter

02-13-2011

Quote:
Dai Tensai:
When you first press it it starts changing cards over your head, cycling through red. yellow, and blue, though I forget the order. When you press it again the card currently up is fixed, and it is used on your next attack. There's a limited time to both the cycling and post selection, wait too long and it fizzles.

it's a random order

if things are cluttered I look at my UI where the W skill is instead of the card over TF's head.

xzymethx

02-13-2011

i know that you can fix it by pressing w again

but the thing is, once i used the ability, i wait 5 sec, i press w and it starts at red card cycle
10 sec later ( cd )
i wait 5 sec, i press w agin and it starts at gold card cycle

so is the start really random or is there a system?

Baitdoll

02-13-2011

Quote:
Bringbackpluto:
it's a random order

if things are cluttered I look at my UI where the W skill is instead of the card over TF's head.

Its actually not random.

Not only do you see the card color over your head, but also in the spell bar button.

Its the same combo everytime, and if you watch you can always get the card you want for the correct situation.

Its easy, you just have to get used to the timing. Once you get used to swing timers and not auto attacking, and get used to pressing, instead of click and forget, this timing will get much easier.

ComradeHX

02-13-2011

Start is a bit random.

Order is red->gold->blue->repeat.

It is easy to pick if you pay attention.

xzymethx

02-13-2011

u guys still dont get it what i want to know..... i know how to lock in lol and the cycle is blue red yellow since closed beta
the thing is after the second time of PoC the cycle starts somewhere else than blue, sometimes it starts with gold, sometimes with red and sometimes with blue
and i want to know if its random or a specific system

if there is a system this will allow me to lock in the card i want to have as fast as possible in a hectic situation

Taishi Masamune

02-13-2011

He wants to know if the first card in the cycle is random, not the cycle itself. And to answer the OP, I don't know/

TuxedoTee

02-13-2011

the cycle continues from the previous card you chose

so if you pulled a yellow card last, expect the yellow card to come up for a fraction of a second next time you hit w, followed by blue etc

RagnarVonBloodax

02-13-2011

Quote:
TuxedoTee:
the cycle continues from the previous card you chose

so if you pulled a yellow card last, expect the yellow card to come up for a fraction of a second next time you hit w, followed by blue etc

If you are correct, you are amazing and thank you because that was something I had wanted to know as well.