Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Avarice Blade Stacking Gangplank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hong314

02-12-2011

In the past 5 games I've played there have always been at least one person stacking avarice blades in all item slots and with the exception of Tyr in one game, the rest have all been done by Gangplank. Now I can see Tyr stacking these as it is a cheap way to stack your crit but is it worth it for Gangplank? I only ask because in every one of these games, the stacker's team lost horribly with Gangplank not doing anything at all (I lost the last game with Gangplank going 1/2/0 with something like 60 minion kills).

bob000

02-12-2011

Gangplank is the best farmer in the game (Sorry Sivir you run out of minions) Getting mana and cd to parley every time its up will get you way more gold than avarice blades.

Carados

02-12-2011

InvestmentBankPlank makes me want to cry.

hong314

02-12-2011

I wouldn't call him an investment bank considering Avarice blade ROI's are worse then current CD's (I'm a nerd yes) but creep denying Gangplank sounds interesting. That would actually make him useful as the Gangplanks I've had on my team were always immense ******s, either ksing or ulting only after everyone else was dead and then blaming the me for not having that many kills.

Harbin

02-12-2011

Avarice blades DO NOT WORK.

Addison16

02-12-2011

It is good up to two, but after that you may run out of slots before the items pay for themselves.

Gooner1990

02-12-2011

Get it if you're going after ghostblade, other wise, that 750 should be invested in something else. Another creep wave, and you're looking at a pickaxe instead, already.

Avenger Summoner

02-12-2011

I prefer to hit the 40% CDR cap ASAP to run Denyplank on steroids. Also, his Parrley's CD will be shortened allowing for quicker farm. Perhaps weaker damage early game, but mid/late game it pays off quite well. After hitting 40% CDR you can get crit/damage items or etc. This also makes him a little beefy.

Just so you know, I only played GP once or twice, but that seemed to work well for me.

CrazyCoolCat

02-12-2011

Best first item on GP is Infinity edge. Avarice stacking is stupid as hell. D-ring + Boots (Mercs, he needs it) + Infinity edge, then stack crit until you get above 50%, and then go for some defense items like frozen mallet or guardian angel.

Larson McMurphy

02-12-2011

Quote:
CrazyCoolCat:
Best first item on GP is Infinity edge. Avarice stacking is stupid as hell. D-ring + Boots (Mercs, he needs it) + Infinity edge, then stack crit until you get above 50%, and then go for some defense items like frozen mallet or guardian angel.

IE is a great item for GP, but not the first item. Build crit first. Either get a youmuu's first, or a trinity force first... or both.