Sivir item Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

volune

01-25-2010

tiamat, starks, frozen mallet, phantom dancer

tiamat is a great start item with sivir because you can start with a rejuv bead and faerie charm for both health and mana regen.

Chorus

01-25-2010

Start with Vampiric Scepter. Always. Meki Pendant is a waste because shield gives you mana back. You need the life steal to last longer in lanes and beat out other harassers like Teemo because you are squishy.

At 920g, buy Berserker Greaves. That's a space wasted without Attack Speed. Sivir thrives off attack speed.

Then work on Chalice/Emblem of Valor. After that, Recurve, then starks. After that, you have your options. I prefer Malady for the Lifesteal/Attack Speed.

After that, it's BF Sword/Cloak of Agility, then Infinity Blade. After that it depends, but most likely a phantom dancer.

Grinningsphinx

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
There is no reason I can see for starting with boots. The added MS gives you no advantage in laning. You are better off getting a meki pendant and grabbing your boots on your first trip back.

I also like to rush a maldred's razor after getting boots (but before upgrading them). This allows you to get golem and lizard buffs at much earlier levels.

Late game, like some other people have said, it kind of depends on the game. For DPS I like to go bloodthirster, inf edge, then just add bloodthirsters (sivir kills creeps ridiculously fast, so they charge in a hurry).

For support, just stack auras.

There is a very good reason to start with boots once you have a full page of runes and masteries..Why?

Attack animation...boots will often give you the ability to go in, launch a glave and run back out before the opponent can launch an attack anim back.... Boots 1 takes advantage of draw time in hte beginning... I run sivir with a full attack speed page...boots help ALOT>

Xienwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2010

I used to go with Vampiric Scepter first, from there I would snag the Berserker's Greaves or the Meki Pendant (depending on how much cash I had when I had to run back and purchase), and then focus on the Chalice, then Stark's.

But after a few times where Teemo out-harassed me (the poison sucks, I can't seem to hit him as bad as he hits me), and getting VERY squished in team battles when the opponent is smart enough to focus on killing me before I can ULT, I have changed my mind.

I open with Regrowth Pendant now, then I get Boots of Swiftness and Chalice on my first time back (so far when using the Pendant I have never had to go back before I could afford both. Maybe I just started playing smarter in general, but I like to think that being able to passively heal while waiting for new creeps to arrive has also helped me).

After that, I focus on getting my Warmog's. So if I have the cash for Giant's Belt I snag that, otherwise I get the Ruby Crystal and wait.

Once I have Warmog, then I snag an Oracle if there is stealth on the enemy team (because now I am not so fragile of a target anymore), otherwise I focus on getting Last Whisper, then Frozen Mallet. Though I am thinking I ought to swap those two around, as I still find that raw attack speed isn't so useful for me, while slowing is great.

Typically, the game is done by that point, but if it goes on, then I snag Frozen Heart for the cooldown reduction, but I am thinking of swapping to Nashor's Tooth for my Cooldown needs in the future

With this build, I haven't yet been a detriment to my team. It may be that my ELO is fairly low, so this build works with the kind of opponents that I face better than it may at higher ELO where I assume most of the guides are written for.

But the main gist of my build is the Warmog. With the extra Hp that gives you (easily capped out by clearing an ignored lane, which takes about 3 seconds for Sivir, and you get almost EVERY kill in the pack) generally you can tank as well as the tanks themselves if forced to (still isn't a smart thing to do though). And if you can live through a chain of stuns and focused DPS to slap out your ULT before death, then you've served your team well.

TianZi

01-26-2010

I usually have chalice, trinity, berserker greaves and valor for shorter (25ish min) games.

Longer games I would begin building infinity edge around the 25 min mark, followed by either warmogs, guardian angel, or armor penetration axe (forgot the name) depending on the team compositions.

I start meki+2 health potions.

First trip back is either chalice, hp stone (for phage), boots, rejuv beads, or lifesteal.

It REALLY depends on enemy team comp in my opinion. If your other lanes are fine, theres no need for boots to go help people, and you can just farm mid/forest for fast exp. If you're lane is getting pushed, you can use lifesteal to stay in longer. If people constantly jump to mid from the river, hp helps you not get ganked. If you're already rolling over their mid, get chalice and kill them even more.

Depending how long you can stay out without needing to go back really effects the item build early game. Starks depends on your group comp, and if one of the tanks would rather get it. Sivir can pretty easily take out towers with a set of creeps by lv 6 if your team causes a distraction on another lane.

Build order for my trinity force is usually Phage -> Zeal -> Sheen. However sometimes sheen effect is nice for kills if you are group hunting a lot early on.

I've tried frozen mallet instead of trinity force, but it didn't seem as good. It doesn't give move speed, sheen effect, or attack speed, and instead gives you more hp. For early-mid game there should be someone else taking damage or cc'ing instead of you being a meat shield. The sheen effect is also nice for chasing, since boomerang is one of the abilities you can cast before you open, making your first physical attack harder.

I've gotten about 70-80% win rate in my last 50 or so games playing like this in solo queue, so it seems fairly decent, even though i'm only level 22 now.

Livingsword

01-26-2010

Starting items:
2 health pots and Meki Pendant

1- Chalice of Harmony
2- Bezerker Greaves
3- Stark's Fervor

First trip back:
Get Chalice and Emblem of Valor
Later build Greaves, then finish Stark.

Now it depends on teams and how things are going:

Things going well, lots of kills, team winning
4- Bloodthirster
5- Phantom Dancer
6- Black Cleaver

Thing are going okay, but teams fight are a little too close
4- Aegis of Legion (hopefully your tank will have it, in which case get Phage)
5- Zeal
6- Phantom Dancer or Frozen Mallet

You're the only "carry" in your team or they refuse to gather for team fights, in which case you're probably screwed anyway

4- Infinity Edge
5- Bloodthirster
6- Last Whisper

Keep in mind that after level 14 you no longer need Chalice for your mana comsumption and can sell it for 623 gold, unless you still need the extra magic resist.

Items to keep in mid:

Executioner's Calling = for heal teams, mainly Mundo and Soraka
Brutalizer = extra damage, armor pen and CD reduction
Rylai's Crystal Scepter = the only AP item to get if you love Boomerang Blade too much
Sword of the Divine = Jax and dodge champ killer.

PatMcGroyne

01-26-2010

First Thing I do is rush starks level 9 I have starks im in good shape Now your ricochet is lvl 3 or 4 and you can out harass anyone without even aiming at them they try to harass you with a spell you pop spell shield gain your mana back. If they just do a normal atack they aren't gonna kill you all that fast and you should have rally to keep you alive. After that I build Infinity egde Now my DPS is through the roof and I'm onbly lvl 12 and the next closest lvl is 10. You have 2 points into your ult and you can 1v1 pretty much anyone because of your lvl and your ult. Make last Whisper because by now people are gonna have some decent armor and the atk speed is wicked. Phage>frozen mallet now no one is going to be running away in team fights or 1v1 and I have never seen a game go past this point. Usually as sivir you can keep up with the tanks pretty well because you outlevel them just don't let there team catch up before winning the game (which isnt difficult as sivir get everyone in your lane and cast your ult GG you took out 3 towers and an inhibitor in 15 seconds now you just have to kill the nexus).

Slide

01-26-2010

If you arent rushing Starks as your first major item (normally after chalice and zerkers) your doing it wrong.

There are quite a few item builds for Sivir, but the good ones have starks as the first major item.

There is a VERY good reason for this and its pretty simple. An Early Starks + Sivirs Ult can push a lane at right to the inhib.

Auras are more powerful the earlier you get them. Sivir, who generally goes mid, and farms better then anyone else can get her ult and starks the fastest. It does help that every single thing starks gives you is needed on Sivir. But the main reason is the rediculous power it gives your team at level 11 with your second level of your ult.

People always misinterpret Sivirs ability to farm. It is not used to get 6 god tier items. It is best used to get aura items very early in the game, share them with your 5 team memebers in order to make your team MUCH stronger then the other team. If your playing Sivir as a late game hero, your doing it wrong.

A good 1/4 of my games as Sivir end before 20 minutes. 3/4 of my wins as Sivir in a premade end before 25 minutes. That is the true power of Sivir. Buffing your team early on so they can push an inhib and get super creeps flowing before the enemy team can deal with them.

It is BY FAR her most powerful strat. Probably the most powerful team strat in the game.

Ive posted the build and how the strat works in a good 10 Sivir threads by now. Im sure youve seen it. Try that. Its what people most often run at high ELO too. And for good reason.

Whitemage82

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingsword View Post
Starting items:
2 health pots and Meki Pendant

1- Chalice of Harmony
2- Bezerker Greaves
3- Stark's Fervor

First trip back:
Get Chalice and Emblem of Valor
Later build Greaves, then finish Stark.

Now it depends on teams and how things are going:

Things going well, lots of kills, team winning
4- Bloodthirster
5- Phantom Dancer
6- Black Cleaver

Thing are going okay, but teams fight are a little too close
4- Aegis of Legion (hopefully your tank will have it, in which case get Phage)
5- Zeal
6- Phantom Dancer or Frozen Mallet

You're the only "carry" in your team or they refuse to gather for team fights, in which case you're probably screwed anyway

4- Infinity Edge
5- Bloodthirster
6- Last Whisper

Keep in mind that after level 14 you no longer need Chalice for your mana comsumption and can sell it for 623 gold, unless you still need the extra magic resist.

Items to keep in mid:

Executioner's Calling = for heal teams, mainly Mundo and Soraka
Brutalizer = extra damage, armor pen and CD reduction
Rylai's Crystal Scepter = the only AP item to get if you love Boomerang Blade too much
Sword of the Divine = Jax and dodge champ killer.
This is pretty much exactly how I build her as well to great success. I take Rally and Teleport. My masteries are 21/0/9.

Though I don't understand the no chalice thing after 14. Cause of golem? Cause you are in and out of your base? Most of the time some other hero takes golem for cooldowns...like that rat.

Livingsword

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguish View Post
This is pretty much exactly how I build her as well to great success. I take Rally and Teleport. My masteries are 21/0/9.

Though I don't understand the no chalice thing after 14. Cause of golem? Cause you are in and out of your base? Most of the time some other hero takes golem for cooldowns...like that rat.
When you reach lvl 14 your natural mana regen can support your skills during teams fights or pushing, I have mana regen per level in my blue runes so I can drop Chalice at lvl 11-12. Your mana is gonna be only half gone after a team fight.

Basically team fights dominate the game at this point and if you make it out alive you'll be running to base for health anyway.

I go 21/9/0 to get extra armor, dodge and nimbleness because I have all dodge in yellow runes and 1 dodge quint.