Sivir item Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoJexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2010

I've been playing Sivir a lot recently, I love her pushing power and simplistic support design (so much fun). However my item build tends to sway from the standard builds I see in guides and I tend to do pretty well in games regardless. (I usually take Teleport and Rally as my summoner spells btw)

Start with:
- Boots
- Health Pot x2
- Mana Pot

Upgrade Boots to Boots of Mobility.
Then build a Zeal
Complete the Emblem of Valour(sp?) for Starks
Phage then Sheen then Trinity Force.
Complete Starks

By this time the game is ending, but I usually go for an Infinity Edge then a Warmogs.

Is this fine? I'm not sure if this is actually optimal or not. The main concern is Trinity Force and the boots. Almost ALL the guides tell me to get 'Zerker Greaves, but I tend to find Boots of Mobility much better on Sivir. Since you'll be transversing the map a lot pushing lanes and running from ganks.

Any suggestions or input from good Sivir players? Thanks in advance.

Mizerable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2010

There are a few ways to play her really. If you don't need dps I usually go support - Chalice, beserker greaves, starks, and then aegis. After that it really depends on what your team needs.
For dps I go one of two ways, it really depends on the lineup.
1) Chalice, beserker greaves, madreds blood razor, last whisper, starks.
2) beserker, blood thirster, last whisper, aegis/some sort of hp, infinity.

SoJexy

01-24-2010

Thanks for the fast input Mizerable.

I guess Trinity Force is a no-go? Any justifications on that?

Also, I would like some more info on why Berserker Greaves are a better choice than Boots of Mobility. The attack speed doesn't seem like a big concern, and I'd rather have the mobility to run away/push lanes faster.

heffroncm

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoJexy View Post
Thanks for the fast input Mizerable.

I guess Trinity Force is a no-go? Any justifications on that?

Also, I would like some more info on why Berserker Greaves are a better choice than Boots of Mobility. The attack speed doesn't seem like a big concern, and I'd rather have the mobility to run away/push lanes faster.
One of the big parts of Trinity Force is the Sheen effect. Sivir does not use activated abilities near frequently enough to take advantage of this.

A lot of players who use Sivir take Teleport. The main advantage of Boots of Mobility is better map control and presence, Teleport takes care of this for you.

SoJexy

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffroncm View Post
One of the big parts of Trinity Force is the Sheen effect. Sivir does not use activated abilities near frequently enough to take advantage of this.

A lot of players who use Sivir take Teleport. The main advantage of Boots of Mobility is better map control and presence, Teleport takes care of this for you.
Ah I see. I guess that makes sense for Trinity Force.

As for the Boots, I tend to find that they help tremendously when Teleport is on cooldown (which it frequently is, cause I'm constantly using it whenever it's up). Also helps me get away faster.

For example: If I push up to their top mid tower (the one right before the base) and I see all of em leave mid lane to come for me and my teleport is down; my BoMs pretty much help me get away fast or to a safe distance where I can BP.

Then again, the loss of AS from Zeal kinda gimps my build... hmmm.

heffroncm

01-24-2010

Quote:
Then again, the loss of AS from Zeal kinda gimps my build... hmmm.
You can still build Zeal, and take it to Phantom Dancer later in many games. The extra dodge is really helpful against physical attackers, especially with Sivir's passive. Or, you can go straight for Starks after getting your boots. The Recurve Bow costs less than Zeal and gives double the attack speed.

I've never found myself lacking speed to GTFO when I see people coming my way. I probably have to pull out a little earlier than you.

SoJexy

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffroncm View Post
You can still build Zeal, and take it to Phantom Dancer later in many games. The extra dodge is really helpful against physical attackers, especially with Sivir's passive. Or, you can go straight for Starks after getting your boots. The Recurve Bow costs less than Zeal and gives double the attack speed.

I've never found myself lacking speed to GTFO when I see people coming my way. I probably have to pull out a little earlier than you.
Ah I see. Yea that makes sense. I'll take the recurve bow. I'll stick to my BoMs for now and see where that takes me. Guess I'll go with Starks->Infinity Edge->Frozen Mallet or something like that.

Thanks for the input! =)

Mizerable

01-25-2010

Honestly about the boots - it really doesn't matter. I go different boots depending on champion lineup. BoM is not a bad chance at all it's really preference. Seems like most of the questions got answered haha, glad to see you got the help you needed!

Catloaf

01-25-2010

My build goes Mana Pendant 2 health pots, Chalice, Zerker boots, Starks, then depending on the team and my farm, either Last whisper, Madreds bloodrazor, Banshee's or a Warmogs.

Last game, my build ended up as Chalice, Zerker boots, Madreds bloodrazor, Wit's end, and a warmogs.

roninsm

01-25-2010

Quote:
I've been playing Sivir a lot recently, I love her pushing power and simplistic support design (so much fun). However my item build tends to sway from the standard builds I see in guides and I tend to do pretty well in games regardless. (I usually take Teleport and Rally as my summoner spells btw)

Start with:
- Boots
- Health Pot x2
- Mana Pot

Upgrade Boots to Boots of Mobility.
Then build a Zeal
Complete the Emblem of Valour(sp?) for Starks
Phage then Sheen then Trinity Force.
Complete Starks
There is no reason I can see for starting with boots. The added MS gives you no advantage in laning. You are better off getting a meki pendant and grabbing your boots on your first trip back.

I also like to rush a maldred's razor after getting boots (but before upgrading them). This allows you to get golem and lizard buffs at much earlier levels.

Late game, like some other people have said, it kind of depends on the game. For DPS I like to go bloodthirster, inf edge, then just add bloodthirsters (sivir kills creeps ridiculously fast, so they charge in a hurry).

For support, just stack auras.