@Riot - About Vladimir nerfs...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grogarra

02-13-2011

Vlad is borderline sometimes. He's not that bad if you get him early, but a good Vlad player can zone just about anybody. The sanguine pool is kind of a confidence boost, seeing as you can easily tower dive at level 6 and get out easily. I think the problem rises with the fact that so many people just play him as a straight AP carry, which wasn't really what Riot was thinking about when they made him. He was originally listed under the "Tank" tree after all.

Sacull Kinslayer

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4CH3T3 View Post
if it is easy to counter then why wouldn't they just learn to counter?
Look through all MMO's... that question has been asked many times. It is easier for the masses of casual players to complain about something until it is nerfed rather than learning to play better. That way they don't have to try to get better they can just bring everything down to their level. It has been that way in MMOs based on PvP since at least DaoC.

Crying for nerfs has been the best counter since 2001.

Redelva

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2011

I will still play you Vladimir, I'll never give up on you. I will continue to make everyone scream QQ when I lock you in.

x1te

02-13-2011

Please give him something interesting instead of tides of blood. It's boring and doesn't stand up to his other skills. Some kind of skillshot to raise the skill ceiling would be nice.

TehReedster

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh63 View Post
Good call on that. I know that when Shen taunts, he definitely avoids any and all projectiles...he can taunt past a turret while attacking an enemy and not take damage, amirite? And Ezreal, he can ATTACK while he pops projectiles (and aims the shot, no less). And definitely steals HP, and slows the enemy. Renekton can dash a short distance, TWICE, while being invincible. I can see why Vlad has it tough.
You are operating under the assumption that pool does more than 2 damage. If fed to the sky, yeah, you can bet pool will hurt, but honestly, as far as the turret diving goes, it is only useful for dropping aggro after getting the kill, because if you pool under someone on their turret, when you come up, you will have aggro, and they won't have taken that much damage. People freak out that he does "so many things with one move," but honestly, he does them all poorly. As has been said, lots of champs can flash through walls. That is a better escape. The damage is poor unless fed (true of lots of moves), and the lifesteal is pointless unless you cast it at super low health (in which case he will die in a hit or two anyway).

TehReedster

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4CH3T3 View Post
if it is easy to counter then why wouldn't they just learn to counter?
because some champs are just prone to that type of QQ. Vlad does nothing the best. Nothing. If you want a nuker, get Annie or Veigar. If you want a tank, get Rammus. If you want escape mechanisms, get Kassadin or anyone else that can flash through a wall. If you want lifesteal, get Warwick. Vlad does moderate damage, has higher hp than most mages (not tanky without armor and mr, though), has a decent escape (yes, decent. Flashing through a wall is infinitely better), and lifesteals a little bit (people don't seem to realize he NEEDS to do this to sustain his costs, just like Morde, Trynd and Mundo do. Warwick has way more lifesteal and doesn't use hp to cast.) People that don't look at numbers and hell, I'll say it, people that have never played Vlad, don't realize that he doesn't do any of these things super well. They just say, "omg, he can NUKE, TANK, LIFESTEAL, and ESCAPE ALL GANKS WTF OPPPPPP"

I like unicornz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

I was planning on getting vladimir sometime soon. Is he still a pretty viable champion even in ranked games?

Dragull

08-08-2011

Quote:
Actually... The real problem with the pool, is the effective damage immunity... Magnified by flash to an unholy degree.
Ezreal.
Quote:
I was planning on getting vladimir sometime soon. Is he still a pretty viable champion even in ranked games?
Kinda, but not the best pick.
There are like 15 better AP carries.
Quote:
Vlad is borderline sometimes. He's not that bad if you get him early, but a good Vlad player can zone just about anybody. The sanguine pool is kind of a confidence boost, seeing as you can easily tower dive at level 6 and get out easily. I think the problem rises with the fact that so many people just play him as a straight AP carry, which wasn't really what Riot was thinking about when they made him. He was originally listed under the "Tank" tree after all.
He doesn't have ANY CC, at ALL.

Tanks are supposed to have CC and are suppose to be decent initiators. Vladimir is neither. Vladimir is an Ap carry, which trades burst for sustain. His burst SUCKS. An after all the nerfs, his sustain is also sub pair compared to others.

EpicMadness

08-08-2011

cooldown build + kassadin + flash = god of all escape artists. usually i could use R for about 6-8times before my mana starts to run out.

neopeter1

08-08-2011

Random necropost? XD