How to Fix Black Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lendari

Adjudicator

08-16-2009

PROBLEM:
The skill description says something like (at level 1) blocks 100 damage but in practice, it blocks an entire spell even if it does way more than 100 damage.

FIX:
Rather than being broken by damage it should be broken by being hit by a spell. The shield should offer an increasing % chance for an all or nothing block to the next spell cast on the target.

Maybe like 60\70\80\90\100 scaling.

The shield lasts at least as long as the skill cooldown if not longer.

PROBLEM:
It blocks all CC for the duration.

FIX:
If the spell worked as described in the fix above (broken by hit not by damage) this wouldn't be a problem.

PROBLEM:
It removes existing CC\debuffs and still continues to function normally (blocking more CC\debuffs) until broken by damage.

FIX:
I'm not opposed to this behavior so long as if it removes a debuff, it doesn't also continue to block (the removal was it's block). The more I think about it - this is the powerful aspect of the skill.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the whole shield concept remade into a "cleanse" skill to remove CC and debuffs.

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendari View Post
PROBLEM:
The skill description says something like (at level 1) blocks 100 damage but in practice, it blocks an entire spell even if it does way more than 100 damage.
Wrong. Spillover damage is dealt, it just appears to be calculated incorrectly currently.

Vangu

08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendari View Post
PROBLEM:
FIX:
Rather than being broken by damage it should be broken by being hit by a spell. The shield should offer an increasing % chance for an all or nothing block to the next spell cast on the target.

Maybe like 60\70\80\90\100 scaling.

The shield lasts at least as long as the skill cooldown if not longer.
I may be wrong but that would just be Sivirs shield right? And then this would still be way more OP then hers. Why not just do what someone already said. Switch black shield with Sivirs shield. Except Sivir can still only selfcast and sivirs old shield can go on anyone...

Sagas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-17-2009

In practice I have seen spell shielded people walk through Veigar's pit and not get stunned. Is that not intended behavior?

Darth Bane

08-17-2009

I think the shield should work like this. purges you of current CC/debuffs and blocks X damage if you get hit with a CC spell that does more than X damage it should break the shield and CC them for the reduced damage. If the damage of the spell doesn't exceed X than the target should not be CC'ed.

or

it blocks purges you of current CC/debuffs and blocks X damage. It has no effect on the CC or debuff aspects of spells cast after the shield is applied, it just blocks the first X spell damage to hit the target.

I also think that ultys should go through both black and spell shields. Simply because they are ultys and the shields are regular spells and ultys should trump regular spells ALWAYS.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagas View Post
In practice I have seen spell shielded people walk through Veigar's pit and not get stunned. Is that not intended behavior?
Well, stun is a debuff, and the shield makes people immune to debuffs, so I imagine it's intended.

MercTroop

08-17-2009

Black shield needs to be nerfed in the sense that certain abilities should work. Jax leap attack, singe throw, Yi alpha strike, Sad mummies bandage toss, these abilities should be doing zero damage but their effects should be kicking in. Jax and Yi should still end up at the location of the person witht he black shield on. Not have their ability blocked. Singe shold be able to toss people who have black shield up for zero damage. Etc.